Looks like the Fuji X-T20 gets 4K!

Mattias Burling

13 hours ago, Trek of Joy said:

I was shooting a penguin in Southern New Zealand last week and followed it around with quick adjustments with the stick.

That must've been very hard, if they were the blue penguin they are the smallest penguins in the world. 

If they were the yellow eyed penguin then they are super rare and you better take the shot when you see one in their natural habitat (they swim in from the sea and walk towards the beach during sunset time). 

And I'm fairly certain you didn't see the crested penguin (the ones with big yellow eyebrows) because they live deeper in the rainforest closer to west coast. 

Anyways, point being sighting penguin and shooting them in South island isn't easy since we only have the small rare almost extinct species. You need a camera you are either very familiar with or very easy to use. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

Final specs a few hours before release. Its a budget X-T2 with enough features that a video oriented shooter will consider it over the more expensive bigger sister.

X – T 20

24.3 Megapixel Lowpass Filterless X – Trans CMOS III

X-Processor Pro

325 point selectable intelligent hybrid phase difference AF

Video: 4K 30fps

Liquid crystal: 3 type touch panel tilt liquid crystal

EVF: 2.36 million dots Organic EL 54 fps

Continuous: 8 frames / sec (14 frames / sec at electronic shutter)

Film simulation “ACROS”

Battery: NP-W126S

Kit lens: XF18 – 55 mm F 2.8 – 4 R LM OIS (Also check the XC kit overseas)

The maximum speed of the electronic shutter is 1/32000 seconds

Customizable menu system (My Menu)

The number of shootable images is 350

Exposure compensation is plus or minus 5 EV

12 minutes ago, Trek of Joy said:

Looks like a great budget version of the XT2. I'm glad Fuji is moving all its X cameras to the same battery, makes buying into the system easier.

If they're adding PADF and a touchscreen, I'd bet price is going up as well. Fuji is on a roll, but 4k should be in the new X100 as well.

I know upgraders or those already invested in Fuji would probably prefer to keep the same battery, but I'd rather they did like Olympus with their new OM-D E-M1 Mark II and went with something with 50% more capacity.

11 minutes ago, Flynn said:

I wish the 27mm was f1.8 or f2 instead of f2.8, the new 50mm was more like 55mm as a cheaper alternative to the 56mm, and their cameras had stabilization as good as Olympus. Still, I think they're terrific cameras with a fantastic lens lineup. 

Could you clarify? I can't follow anything you're saying here. If you weren't a forum member in good standing, I'd swear this was spam.

35 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Could you clarify? I can't follow anything you're saying here. If you weren't a forum member in good standing, I'd swear this was spam.

I'll ignore your insulting tone and clarify.

1. 40-43mm is my favorite focal length. 35 is too wide and 50 is too long. 42 is just right imo. So I wish the 27mm was faster. F2.8 for a prime on apsc, especially one that would be my favorite lens, is too slow imo.

2. I don't like 50mm for portraits (with apsc). I'd prefer the new f2 was 55mm or 56mm like the more expensive lens.

3. I wish they had stabilization as good as Olympus. For obvious reasons.

Not sure why you felt any of this needed clarification but there you go. 

And I do apologize if that response was unnecessarily combative. The spam comment rubbed me the wrong way and I was a bit more feisty than I probably should have been.

4 hours ago, Flynn said:

I'll ignore your insulting tone and clarify.

1. 40-43mm is my favorite focal length. 35 is too wide and 50 is too long. 42 is just right imo. So I wish the 27mm was faster. F2.8 for a prime on apsc, especially one that would be my favorite lens, is too slow imo.

2. I don't like 50mm for portraits (with apsc). I'd prefer the new f2 was 55mm or 56mm like the more expensive lens.

3. I wish they had stabilization as good as Olympus. For obvious reasons.

Not sure why you felt any of this needed clarification but there you go. 

And I do apologize if that response was unnecessarily combative. The spam comment rubbed me the wrong way and I was a bit more feisty than I probably should have been.

Pardon me for asking, but which 27mm lens are you referring to? The leaked press photos show an 18-55mm and a 23mm lens.

I'm guessing that designing a 55mm f/2 as compact as their popular 23mm and 35mm lenses would be more difficult.

And you wish that the 18-55mm had better stabilization or that Fuji bodies had IBIS? Because when you say 'I wish they had stabilization as good as Olympus's', you are implying that Fuji cameras already have IBIS.

14 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Pardon me for asking, but which 27mm lens are you referring to? 

I'm guessing that designing a 55mm f/2 as compact as their popular 23mm and 35mm lenses would be more difficult.

And you wish that the 18-55mm had better stabilization or that Fuji bodies had IBIS? Because when you say 'I wish they had stabilization as good as Olympus's', you are implying that Fuji cameras already have IBIS

It takes beautiful pictures.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/984430-REG/fujifilm_16389123_fujinon_xf_27mm_f_2_8.html/?c3api=3679%2Cbing%2C2764376398%2C1105202454813

And I wish they had in body for all these wonderful primes.

Just now, Flynn said:

Okay, thanks, that clarifies it. Because there was no mention of a 27mm in the press release for the two new cameras Mattias mentioned.

5 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Okay, thanks, that clarifies it. Because there was no mention of a 27mm in the press release for the two new cameras Mattias mentioned.

Oh, I see what threw you off. Yes, I was just making a general comment about the system, nothing to do with the press release. I love Fuji but those are the three things I wish were different. Really only two of them are a big deal to me- the 27mm and the ibis. Other than those two things I think it's an excellent system. And again, I apologize for coming across as rude/unclear in my initial response.

6 minutes ago, Flynn said:

Oh, I see what threw you off. Yes, I was just making a general comment about the system, nothing to do with the press release. I love Fuji but those are the three things I wish were different. Really only two of them are a big deal to me- the 27mm and the ibis. Other than those two things I think it's an excellent system. And again, I apologize for coming across as rude/unclear in my initial response.

No need to apologize, I need to chill sometimes.

I honestly dont understand whats going on with these mirrorless manufacturer's strategies regarding lenses. Fuji has actually probably got it best so far with large aperture, small size primes. But theres still plenty room for more pancakes, other cheaper alternatives, more OIS. Like the new 50 is mind bogglingly expensive compared to a 50 on other systems. Sony's FE lenses are big and expensive. Some of MFT's lenses are silly too (the oly 25 1.2). Im always tempted to go FF with Canikon because of the lens options (not to mention the nice manual focus rings). 

The Camera Store TV hands on XT20 and X100F, along with a peek at the 50mm f/2, part of which was shot on the X-T20. Funny, it seems nobody can post a review of these cameras without someone saying in the comments section that they're for hipsters. 

56 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Think there is about 10 channels/blogs showcasing all three new cameras already.
Lots of links and info in this article: http://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-announces-gfx-x100f-x-t20-xf502-first-looks-pre-orders-more-live-blogging/

Wow! Push Pull Cafe. Sip a latte, listen to a bit of Miles Davis, your X-T20 sporting a fashionable leather strap, slung over your shoulder ever so casually, and even order some rolls of Tri-X along with your carry-out special blend as you surf FB on your touch bar Mac. Maybe Fuji is for hipsters.