My first experience with a Red. (Guest appearance by Beyonce!)

Jonesy Jones

So far my biggest challenge is color. Skin tones are quick to turn into tanning salon look. I have heard Dragon and Weapon are better, this was with MX. Noise everywhere. Got to be honest, I'm not impressed with the MX image. I wouldn't pay for it again, wouldn't buy an MX camera. 

I love resolution though. This is why I'm leaning toward the UM46. I think one thing that Red nails is the resolution/detail. To me it's perfect. Doesn't have that digital sharp look. Anyway, any thoughts would be welcomed.

#LoveWins  #WeTrumpHate

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I've always been a fan of the MX image. Back when I first started getting into cinematography (only a few years ago) I followed Daniel Peters' work and Louis CK's show, Louie. Both used RED MX's. It just has a very naturalistic image. The orange tanned look you talk about is the opposite to what I've seen tho. Usually it's quite the opposite with cold tones.  

Nice video btw. 

9 hours ago, fuzzynormal said:

Great corporate video.  What was the crew and your roll in it?

I directed and edited. DP was a friend, Sergio Ulloa.

6 hours ago, bunk said:

Color looks fine to me ...the balance of the sound on the other hand not so. No idea what the girll was talking about, the music is way to loud to my ears.

You're definitely right. I edited to the watermarked version, and I suspect that when I changed that out last minute it is a few db louder. Audio needs mixing for sure.

8 hours ago, Inazuma said:

I've always been a fan of the MX image. Back when I first started getting into cinematography (only a few years ago) I followed Daniel Peters' work and Louis CK's show, Louie. Both used RED MX's. It just has a very naturalistic image. The orange tanned look you talk about is the opposite to what I've seen tho. Usually it's quite the opposite with cold tones.  

Nice video btw. 

Horses for courses I guess. One thing for sure is the noise on MX is no joke. Lift it slightly and it's a snowstorm.