FILMCONVERT Poll results : possible NX1,A6300 & URSA MINI support

kidzrevil

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, NX1user said:

How much work goes into them creating a camera profile? Any idea?

Alot I suppose. I always got the most accurate color from them. Using other LUT's made it very difficult to get color that looked "natural" which sucked when shooting lookbooks and products. Filmconvert will be a great addition to the NX1 which already has some of the best color rendering

1 hour ago, kidzrevil said:

Alot I suppose. I always got the most accurate color from them. Using other LUT's made it very difficult to get color that looked "natural" which sucked when shooting lookbooks and products. Filmconvert will be a great addition to the NX1 which already has some of the best color rendering

But is it still basically a form of LUT they are using, or is there some other processing happening? 

All the rest of the cameras that are not in their profiles, and they are not named "BlackMagic Design Ursa mini 4.6K - Samsung NX1 - Sony a6300 - Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus - Sony FS7 Slog3 - Canon C300II" and have less of 6% of the votes :) 

Maybe this is a bad example but I have premiere open working on this right now (I shot this movie WITHOUT IR/UV cut so yes it does have pollution but look at that extreme difference).

First is BMPCC RAW

Second is Filmconvert with BMPCC profile and initial settings

Third is RAW with 200% saturation

Maybe I'm wrong, is that what the profile is supposed to look like?

1.png

2.png

3.png

I have a DaVinci graded one on IG; https://www.instagram.com/engdahlcinema/

1 hour ago, kidzrevil said:

not trying to throw shade at your grading cause both the processed shots look amazing but I prefer the second one, the colors look so rich. You said that's what you weren't going for but damn its a nice image lol  @Turboguard

Don't worry, didn't read it as shade. Just each and every image I've tried it with looks too saturated, too discolored and contrast is usually way too high. But you did made me realize that maybe it's just to my disliking, more a personal opinion than anything. :) Now I know!

I second kidzrevil. Shows perfectly the BMPCC's excellent colors. Because all three images are good, the first one, rather flat, looks cold and misty and could work as well to transport that mood.

I had the FC trial once but didn't buy it. Yes, I see the idea behind it, but there's nothing that can't be accomplished manually within, say, Resolve. But that's just me, and I don't want to argue.