Your ideal NX1 Settings

Geoff CB

nikon 28mm f2.8 ais, nikon 35mm f1.4 ais, nikon 50mm f1.2 ais, nikon 85mm f1.4 ais

was kinda screaming about the fact that I couldn't find a fast wide angle for the crop sensor and then I remembered how many wide angles I bought when I shot full frame that was catching dust in my camera bag LOL. The crop should help cut out the softening in the corners at wide apertures

Damn you went to town. You should love that 85mm... Everybody does. The 35mm f/1.4 gets mixed reviews, but everything I've seen from it was slick, but I love that focal length. I had a Minolta MC 35mm f/1.8 that was effin awesome, but I was short on cash so I sold it... And I wanted something similar in MD, so I eventually ended up getting the Minolta MD 28mm f/2, which is a great lens... It doesn't have the same character as the MC 35 but it's more practical. 

I am actually selling off a couple Nikkors, a 24mm and a 35mm so I can replace it with a 28mm f2. Am going to get a speedbooster for my G7.

It's funny, when I bought the G7 last week, I was contemplating selling my NX500, but they're such different cameras, I realized I liked them for different reasons... More tools in the bag... Plus I got both of them for dirt cheap. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Damn you went to town. You should love that 85mm... Everybody does. The 35mm f/1.4 gets mixed reviews, but everything I've seen from it was slick, but I love that focal length. I had a Minolta MC 35mm f/1.8 that was effin awesome, but I was short on cash so I sold it... And I wanted something similar in MD, so I eventually ended up getting the Minolta MD 28mm f/2, which is a great lens... It doesn't have the same character as the MC 35 but it's more practical. 

I am actually selling off a couple Nikkors, a 24mm and a 35mm so I can replace it with a 28mm f2. Am going to get a speedbooster for my G7.

It's funny, when I bought the G7 last week, I was contemplating selling my NX500, but they're such different cameras, I realized I liked them for different reasons... More tools in the bag... Plus I got both of them for dirt cheap. 

I definitely feel you ! Depending how this goes I just may sell off my Canon FD l lenses. Im praying these nikkors complement the Samsung sensor and has accurate focus to infinity. I think one of the things that was off putting for most is the lack of footage from adapted lenses. I feel like the lack of an optical low pass filter gives life back to the lenses from the film era & gives footage an aesthetic you lose when you shoot with the ultra sharp modern lenses. I'll be sure to post footage when I get em 

You know, I feel the exact same way. I'm sure I'm going to get beat up around this thread for stating this, but although the native lenses are sharp and clean, I think they have a sterile aesthetic. But I feel the same way about the 4K. To me, straight up 4K looks brittle, that's why I downscale all my footage to 1080p at conversion. Idk, I just think it looks weightier, heavier. I messed around with the Nikons a little on my 500 and they look good.

You know, I feel the exact same way. I'm sure I'm going to get beat up around this thread for stating this, but although the native lenses are sharp and clean, I think they have a sterile aesthetic. But I feel the same way about the 4K. To me, straight up 4K looks brittle, that's why I downscale all my footage to 1080p at conversion. Idk, I just think it looks weightier, heavier. I messed around with the Nikons a little on my 500 and they look good.

native lenses whether its the lumix lenses or samsung s look very very sterile. These people design these things with mtf charts in mind not artistry ! I like flares and all the odities, I dont want my footage to look like real life. Personality is what we need. Even though I hate the fix it in post mentality I know a lot could be corrected in post with minor adjustments. I too downscale to 1080 

Update to the vivid profile :

try these settings out

-5 saturation

-3 to 0 contrast

-10 sharpening

-3 hue

native lenses whether its the lumix lenses or samsung s look very very sterile. These people design these things with mtf charts in mind not artistry ! I like flares and all the odities, I dont want my footage to look like real life. Personality is what we need. Even though I hate the fix it in post mentality I know a lot could be corrected in post with minor adjustments. I too downscale to 1080 

Update to the vivid profile :

try these settings out

-5 saturation

-3 to 0 contrast

-10 sharpening

-3 hue

I've said this a thousand times, I'd rather an interesting lens give me an in camera look than relying heavily on post... Especially since I am not that good at it yet. Anyway, the Nikons sound awesome. There's a bunch of articles online that specifically state... if you don't have Zeiss or Leica, old Nikkors will give you a nice cinematic look.

Thanks for those vivid settings... Will give them a go the next time I go out. 

Just finished a re-edit of my first wedding the NX1 (fortunately, wedding season is over !), I didnt re-grade, just made it smaller. Hope you guys like it :

https://vimeo.com/148642940

C&C are always wellcome !

All I can say is that I bet they were really happy with your work here. You did a really great job. Some really wonderful shots in there. Shows what the NX1 is capable of in good hands. Congrats!

I am assuming the NX1 will be coming out again for next wedding season?

All I can say is that I bet they were really happy with your work here. You did a really great job. Some really wonderful shots in there. Shows what the NX1 is capable of in good hands. Congrats!
I am assuming the NX1 will be coming out again for next wedding season?

Thank you, glad you liked it :d Yeah, they were happy (they got a longer version as well)

Im currently editting my last wedding shot a few weeks back, and it should also be my last for now, Im considering going abroad and trying something more serious than weddings, this year was crazy, and I miss doing shortfilms, music videos (tough im doing one now as well) and other creative stuff.

Just finished a re-edit of my first wedding the NX1 (fortunately, wedding season is over !), I didnt re-grade, just made it smaller. Hope you guys like it :

https://vimeo.com/148642940

C&C are always wellcome !

Good one. I like the music and the pacing (you don't often see this kind of change of pace and acceleration), seem great for a short version video. And I love the expression on the bride's face, so full of happiness...that for me lifted the entire video, so glad you were able to capture it.

Good one. I like the music and the pacing (you don't often see this kind of change of pace and acceleration), seem great for a short version video. And I love the expression on the bride's face, so full of happiness...that for me lifted the entire video, so glad you were able to capture it.

Yeah, this couple was lovely, easily my favorite couple so far (havent been doing this for too long), and they seem to be very inlove, which makes everything easier to do!

Looks great!!! They were with the FD lenses, yeah? Have you tested your Nikkors yet?

thank you ! These are with the FD's !!!! I received the nikkors this week I am just waiting for the lens adapter to come in the mail. Hopefully this novoflex focuses to infinity  cuz my canon fd novoflex sure didnt lol