Jump to content

Emanuel

Members
  • Posts

    6,996
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Emanuel

  1. Andrew? Are you sure you're a reader of him? Humm... Andrew is an enthusiastic camera observer. The best quality of his work as reviewer IMO is to be as much brand agnostic as me ; ) Reason why I am here BTW : -)
  2. Man, I knew I appreciate your insights. But you took exactly my thoughts this time when I watched it, even before this thread to have popped up. So I guess we cannot go wrong, both of us, in any way whatsoever... ; -)
  3. Great article, Andrew : ) here's my hat from someone twice graduated in law and film (E : -)
  4. Canon is a great brand, not only addressed to camera releases, c'mon... I never regretted to buy Canon so far but I make my choices based on their best offer, as happens with everything, other manufacturers included, obviously.
  5. Yeah, I will update you in a week or so... Hold your horses, guys! : -)
  6. In fact, these torture tests don't reflect a realistic use. Seems a great tool. I hope to have it between the end of week and the beginning of next one. Let's wait and see.
  7. I'd bet on the upcoming Leica 10-25mm f/1.7, definitely a no-brainer if not too far from the $1K mark.
  8. Absolutely. I find this test sample much more interesting though, apart the subject : -)
  9. Small sensors under 1-inch are too limited for anything other than wide shots going along deep DOF and flat 2D looking. Period. E : -)
  10. I will have one on my hands along this week, I hope. There are also other threads open on topic:
  11. @Topcat Best test ever seen to triple match slowmo, a gimbal shot and nice bokeh from that kit lens. For your 1st video ever and if she is your fiancée, double compliments fellow : ) My top hat : -)
  12. @Trek of Joy Chris, is your 56mm f/1.2 unit the APD or regular versions? E : -)
  13. The same with X-H2 just on the corner. Will definitely be a bomb. Hard to beat for a while if for soon as I hope.
  14. "Blackmagic Pocket 4K's ISO10,000 still usable? Yes, with Neat Video. The noise level in ISO10,000 from the new Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K is as noisy as ISO3200 from the Panasonic GH5. The best part about the Pocket 4K's HFR is that there are no signs of banding. Keep in mind that in ProRes, even in 120fps, it is still 10-bit." source: https://vimeo.com/294680968
  15. A shill dude being hit by EOSHD squad! : -D
  16. What a combo, man... Slide like it's butter : -D
  17. WTH !? They treated him like they did. He posted this one here a triple hours away of yours... ...and you still complain? He simply doesn't have much more to say... Cannot say. I had 28 camera units to implement and they did the same... so?!
  18. People should tend to stop seeing the world B&W. Fits only (good) photography... LOL Some other beef to annoy me is when people don't let to themselves the right of sharing the other side's angle. In some other words: ...it is not allowed to the other side to have the same standpoint we seem to already have taken exclusively treated but in a condescending manner. Pathetic to say the least. The world is free for everyone, like the sun when it rises.
  19. Who was the poster BTW? Because with the current level of technology we have, IBIS and AF makes as much sense as your thread and discussion. I wouldn't consider anyone to be serious including yourself inferring such silly statement though ; ) Natively at my own, we're used to say where the trouble is: trousers' fault or the arse, to be honest...? : D When people lack to add context to favor the proof by assertion up to the fallacy... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_by_assertion https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_the_stone Nothing about laziness, even though lazy filmmaking is up for ages. Hollywood blockbusters audience to begin with. It is more related to one-shooter-show, hybrids and digital can afford. Small and lightweight setups where you can handle ideas rather than targets on budget, that is, a sort of continuation of the new wave movements some decades later. Antonioni would have loved it. I personally heard Tonino Guerra himself to label these small devices as the sunny future of filmmaking.
  20. LOL Indeed... : -) Thumbs up! : -) Who does? ; ) They don't support nor award any enthusiasm outside their bubble. This is not a good selling point. Other than that, BRAW effectively is -- a bit from where their arrogance comes to be honest from my own experience : -)
  21. David is surely a reputable voice not connected with BMD as much as RED : D or any other manufacturer. I see him as brand agnostic as me, I guess : ) I don't believe shills are coming here, not BMD type, I think. My beef with them is just related to business policies and their obsession with broadcast market. Even though, they struggle to move on. Just not as quick as a few people, myself included, would like. I am their supporter from day one. I believe and know they could care about us outside better than they actually do. Too stuck on their organization chain. It is necessary to listen everyone. That's what I'd much appreciate to see from their own : -) Even because there's no other Pocket 4K out there. With RAW acquisition as for instance amongst other Goodies?! Where...? ; -)
  22. Wait for BRAW and you'll be able to check what that does mean ; -)
×
×
  • Create New...