2 posts in this topic

I shot my videos using a T3i and I'm editing my clips using Magic Bullet Looks. I have a waterfall cip and I would like to reverse the flow of water so that it appears to be flowing backwards, then foward in a type of loop. Its a moving shoot (camera tilts downwards) so I'm thinking that I need to isolate the water in order for this effect to happen? Can anyone advise me on how to go about doing this?

I'm not sure about magic bullet..... but in after effects, you could duplicate the clip, reverse it, then mask the duplicate to only show the water. As your shot is moving... you would need to track the motion and apply it to the mask (or you could rotoscope, frame by frame).

Is it essential that the footage moves the same as you originally shot it though? (camera tilt down).... If not, you can just reverse the whole clip so it is in reverse and tilts up?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Endless Gravity - Canon ML RAW
      By Alexasolo
      Magic Lantern RAW 14bit video.
      Graded in Davinci Resolve.
      Mostly 6D, very few shots on 5D3.
      Thanks for watching,
      Alex

• Company Campus 2nd only to Google
      By Liam
      Just a really cool place my sister works at. it's a whatever video and maybe too repetitive soundtrack. But sort of like some shots and editing in it.
    • I am Dominica
      By Dåmienb Our
      Hello there !
      We had the opportunity and luck to be part of the "Dominica Film Challenge" this year, here is the result of our week in this tiny and lovely island from the Carribeans !
      Hope you'll like it.
      We mainly shot with a Red epic, but there is also some 5d III raw footage as we had troubles with our luggage (4 days to arrive..). There are also a few drone shots made with a phantom 2 and a gopro 4. 

• Sport shooting with Sony A6000
      By msiris
      - Sony a6000 (auto ISO, auto WB, OSS on)
      - Lens 16-50mm FilmPower Nebula 4000
      - Stabilizer FilmPower Nebula 4000
      - Rollerblade New Jack 4
      Music:
      Ki:Theory - The Man I Left Behind (Instrumental) 

• Late Night Walk, Some Trespassing
      By Liam
      t3i random shots
      can lemme know what you think if you'd like
      nerd info-
      had my manual non ai nikkor 50mm f1.4 on it, usually at 1.4. used Magic Lantern to turn down the fps and shutter speed a ton, for low light mostly (it's about 12fps at 1/12th shutter). I think iso 3200 is pretty damn usable on it, especially when I only had the ability to export at 720p, which kind of denoises a bit. just the one lens, and a camera strap was my setup.
      used Lightworks (free version) to edit. I like the grading options, but had a ton of clips (should have cut a lot more), and didn't want to grade them all.. I think I graded one clip. but I use a semi-flat custom profile (sharpness all the way down, contrast all the way down, saturation down 1), but since it was so dark and naturally contrasty, it ended up mostly fine, and I had no motivation to see if something could look better. you can only exposrt at 720p, but I really don't mind.. I'd like some other options in the export, but 720p is plenty detailed for me (for this soft camera and kinda soft lens absolutely).
      Usually not a fan of videos this pointless, but I guess I see the appeal. should have cut it down a lot more really