2 posts in this topic

I shot my videos using a T3i and I'm editing my clips using Magic Bullet Looks. I have a waterfall cip and I would like to reverse the flow of water so that it appears to be flowing backwards, then foward in a type of loop. Its a moving shoot (camera tilts downwards) so I'm thinking that I need to isolate the water in order for this effect to happen? Can anyone advise me on how to go about doing this?

I'm not sure about magic bullet..... but in after effects, you could duplicate the clip, reverse it, then mask the duplicate to only show the water. As your shot is moving... you would need to track the motion and apply it to the mask (or you could rotoscope, frame by frame).

Is it essential that the footage moves the same as you originally shot it though? (camera tilt down).... If not, you can just reverse the whole clip so it is in reverse and tilts up?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• The infamous Imperial SLR magic rangefinder Ebrahim Saadawi deluxe edition
      By IshootbeforeItalk
      This is the one and only, infamous, EOSHD show piece called the Imperial SLR magic rangefinder (Ebrahim Saadawi deluxe edition). Get it now for EU 500,- and score huge amounts of EOSHD karma points. New price is EU 690,- (see SLR magic website).
      Model: SLR Magic Rangefinder CINE Adapter / Saadawi deluxe
      Focus type: Manual
      Min focusing distance: 1.1M
      Dimensions Length: 24.3mm, Width: 97mm
      Weight: 340g
      Fitment: MF & AF Lenses
      Rear filter thread: 77mm, step down rings can be used to adapt to smaller taking lenses (Not included)
      Front filter size: 82mm
      I'm located in Amsterdam and willing to ship worldwide. PayPal en Iban only (insert western union joke here...)

• Some Canon C100 to sell?
      By Lorenz
      Because everybody is living in the 4k World nowadays i try to find a "shitty" C100 Mark I for a bargain. If your having such an old and not any more needed item let me know if your willing to get rid of it to an Price worth think about. European offers only! Thanks
    • D-Tap to DSLR Camera Battery for Canon, Sony & GH4
      By DVine Mart
      Hey guys, i have a D-Tap to LP-E6 Battery Adapter for Canon DSLR camera for sale.
      I also have for Sony A7 series cameras and GH3 / GH4.
      ....with the adapter you can power your DSLR Camera from a Vmount Cine battery like the Sony or Anton Bauer.
      Please, contact me if you're interested via email: info@dvinemart.com

• 17797 a short film shot on Mark iii
      By mbiondo25
      I shot this a few months ago.
      Looking to get some feedback on it before I start filming a bigger project in the next few weeks.
      Hope you enjoy it. Let me know whats up.
      mike

• Canon FD to PL Mount
      By Anamatis
      I'm really considering making a big upgrade to the URSA, but I've already invested in a fleet of Canon FDs. I've been doing some research on FD to PL mounts without a lot of luck. I know ARRI make an FD adapter to the ARRI mount (PL??) but besides that seems there's zilch out there. Some talk about machining the lenses to fit the new flange but I was hoping someone here knows of something...