Close
Photo

Reversing water flow

Special effects reverse water flow t3i canon magic bullet looks reverse waterfall backwards backwards
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Mbele TV

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

Mbele TV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I shot my videos using a T3i and I'm editing my clips using Magic Bullet Looks. I have a waterfall cip and I would like to reverse the flow of water so that it appears to be flowing backwards, then foward in a type of loop. Its a moving shoot (camera tilts downwards) so I'm thinking that I need to isolate the water in order for this effect to happen? Can anyone advise me on how to go about doing this?

ScreensPro

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

ScreensPro

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

I'm not sure about magic bullet..... but in after effects, you could duplicate the clip, reverse it, then mask the duplicate to only show the water. As your shot is moving... you would need to track the motion and apply it to the mask (or you could rotoscope, frame by frame).

Is it essential that the footage moves the same as you originally shot it though? (camera tilt down).... If not, you can just reverse the whole clip so it is in reverse and tilts up?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Special effects, reverse water flow, t3i, canon, magic bullet looks, reverse, waterfall backwards, backwards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users