Jump to content

Looking for Gh2 patches


astralis
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone! I've just recently purchased a gh2 and I was looking for people who might still have any gh2 patches available since the personal-view site is down where they hosted most of the gh2 patches

If someone could provide any sort of links to gh2 patches available, that would be highly appreciated

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 hours ago, John Matthews said:

I have the Sanity hacks (not 100% sure), Apocalypse Now (Drewnet), Cluster X (Drewnet), and Cluster X (Moon). I wish I took better notes. Why are personal view forums down? That's a good site.

If you're able to post a mirror link to those whenever you find them that would honestly be very helpful, ive been very curious about the sanity hacks. also im not even sure but it's been down for i think about a year estimated but the domain is still owned so there's a chance it could come back?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My archive on gh2 patches

 

1 GOP Intra 'moon' T7 - Top Grading - Best Motion - Best Setting Ever

1-SpanMyBitchUp patch is good quality for spanning with long record times

2-AQuamotion v2 is medium-high quality with decent spanning recording times + 80% slowdown / EX TELE

3 GOP 'Spizz' - Hi-Quality - Pro Motion

3-TerrAQuake is seAQuake but less quality frame sizes for poorer type 10 cards

4-SeAQuake is Very High Quality for hi-end SD cards

6 GOP - Middle Earth 'Nebula'

7 GH2 Flow Motion v2 - 100Mbps Fast Action Performance & Reliability

8 T9-gh4 like

9 12/15 GOP 'DREWnet' T9 - Traditional Long GOP 12

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/blop84zqvmgob2qiab07v/ACl0mBKWCsMcidxL5qUcqgA?rlkey=3gb5igu910uyw5sipalzlovp2&st=1vsslgjs&dl=0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/16/2026 at 6:16 AM, pat said:

My archive on gh2 patches

 

1 GOP Intra 'moon' T7 - Top Grading - Best Motion - Best Setting Ever

1-SpanMyBitchUp patch is good quality for spanning with long record times

2-AQuamotion v2 is medium-high quality with decent spanning recording times + 80% slowdown / EX TELE

3 GOP 'Spizz' - Hi-Quality - Pro Motion

3-TerrAQuake is seAQuake but less quality frame sizes for poorer type 10 cards

4-SeAQuake is Very High Quality for hi-end SD cards

6 GOP - Middle Earth 'Nebula'

7 GH2 Flow Motion v2 - 100Mbps Fast Action Performance & Reliability

8 T9-gh4 like

9 12/15 GOP 'DREWnet' T9 - Traditional Long GOP 12

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/blop84zqvmgob2qiab07v/ACl0mBKWCsMcidxL5qUcqgA?rlkey=3gb5igu910uyw5sipalzlovp2&st=1vsslgjs&dl=0

I really love how you gave details about every patch, you're honestly a hero for still having these

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Administrators

By the way, the GH2 was one of the last Panasonic cameras to have unencrypted firmware and then even when encrypted with an update, Vitaliy found a way to decrypt it and make the hack possible. I've been looking into a possible further hack for the GH2, with Claude on the job and making decent progress. LUT -> Custom Photo Style might be possible and a lot of other things!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm the author of the "Sanity" patch for the GH2. I just uploaded the last version to my Google drive, if anybody is interested in using it.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/157bZ_DRA0FzA-7QUWG3lXwQmfoTEtXQl?usp=sharing

Here's a little background on why I developed it. When Vitaliy unlocked the GH2, there was a gold rush to create patches with very high bitrates. While the image quality looked great, those patches were terribly inefficient. I took it upon myself to create a patch that had the same top image quality, but at more "sane" bitrates. I can say with confidence that I succeeded, because I pixel peeped and compared the image frame by frame to the uncompressed output from the HDMI port. This way I had an absolute reference to shoot for.

That was a long time ago, and I have long since sold my GH2. If anybody actually uses "Sanity", I would love to hear about it, just for old time sake!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Sounds good @QuickHitRecordhave you made some interest progress so far. Does it run doom? 🙂

Claude Code and Codex are making a lot of things possible on the camera side, I have a Sigma FP hack in the works as well. This runs on a known Japanese OS (T-Kernel-family RTOS), so patches and features can be run from the SD card. No risky firmware hacking required!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • EOSHD Pro Color 5 for All Sony cameras
    EOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
    EOSHD Dynamic Range Enhancer for H.264/H.265
×
×
  • Create New...