tripod improves image quality much more than 10 years development

zlfan

use f3 as an example, on a sturdy tripod, it generates image quality comparable to the latest mirrorless cameras shooting handheld. only very few camras are good for ibis or digital is, like om1 gp12 etc

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 hours ago, zlfan said:

use f3 as an example, on a sturdy tripod, it generates image quality comparable to the latest mirrorless cameras shooting handheld. only very few camras are good for ibis or digital is, like om1 gp12 etc

Something like an F3 looks better than most of the latest mirrorless cameras regardless of how you use them.... unless you've got half-a-decade of colour grading experience, and even then....

5 hours ago, The Dancing Babamef said:

tell me why you're comparing film and digital cameras? a film camera on a tripod makes it better than current mirrorless cameras? did i get that right?

i guess you mean cinema cams when you say film cams. if so, yes. 

There are plenty mirrorless cameras if not all, one can mount on a tripod. A tripod has nothing to do with image quality per se. That is not the reason why it is a valid choice just like handheld or tracking shots are. The image quality of handheld shots in Private Ryan is no different than the tripod shots in this film. Spielberg choices between the two had nothing to do with image quality. Maybe you mean something else but it is not all that appealing to me to often have to try to find out what you might actually mean. If your thesis is that a F3 betters most mirrorless cameras regarding color, I can comprehend to such a statement. Though I think a S1H can come very close and might better it in lit scenarios as I am not a great fan of its color under natural daylight, looking too sterile for my taste. I love Lumix cams in lit sets. Not talking about youtube style led colored light overload. Anything looks bad under those conditions.

• 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, 92F said:

I have a scoop: manual focus is more effective than autofocus when I can use it.

This is a ridiculous post.

What is the context? There are some situations with some camera/lens combinations in which AF is undoubtably superior. Indeed, AF can make shots which would be hard if not impossible with MF straightforward. There are, equally, some situations when MF is perfect. I prefer MF lenses but I regret that preference time after time - there are things I’d like to do but don’t have the talent or skills or resources to do with MF.
To make a blanket statement about your experience with no context is nonsense. 
Your scoop is possibly better used to serve mashed potato.

Whenever anybody starts thumping their chest about how good they are at manual focus, I tend to just assume that they’ve never worked with any combination of fast lenses and human talent - that or maybe they’ve never had to explain to the director why that take was unusable because the actor committed the cardinal sin of moving their head an inch…. Or that they’ve never actually tried to be a solo operator for a multi-camera shoot.

There are times when manual focus is an art and can be used for excellent expression.  There are also times when the only “art” is keeping the talents’ eyes in focus and these days, the machine is much better at that than most humans.  I wouldn’t usually shoot an 85/1.2 wide open, but on the occasions when I want to do that, I’d either have to put the talents’ head in a vice or let the machine focus for me.

It's a joke...the topic seems a little funny to me.

" tripod improves image quality much more than 10 years development "

"Warm water is less hot than boiling water " 😄

The AF, the IBIS are remarkable advances when we do reporting... When we do cinema,  a tripod, a crane, manual focus are widely used

i have the Meike 105mm PL T/2.1 and the Nikkor 105mm MC f/2.8 for my Z9. I used a wireless focus to adjust the focus the way i wanted, in more of a an artistic way.

when holding the rig and trying to focus on ducks that were 3-2-1 meters away and then panning somewhere else without shaking up the footage, the manual Meike lens was a better fit.