DJI Pocket 3?

sanveer

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 11/24/2023 at 10:59 AM, PannySVHS said:

Whatupp wizzat tumbnail above and video! Gimme some insight why u should click that most terrible of fugly thumbnails above!😂 @Emanuel

Marty, it's a democratic piazza, they choose those thumbnails and we have to deal with the times we live in : ) Here's one from the capital of my country more exactly the neighbourhood where I lived 25 years ago along those years in the first academic year at the film school and it's a bit curious now to the eyes of people used to dream on digital prelude to come by then:

Hope the thumbnail may adjust the taste of everyone but much wider this time... : D

Quiet appealing thumbi this time and tasty writeup, dear Emanuel. Love it. But will I click it?😂 @Emanuel I still won't click the first one, even though this are the times of fugly thumbnails. Especially because of these times I won't click it.😂

Actially, I find the new Dji compelling to play with. I imagine smaller rentals having them in their lineup. Would be fun to try one out.

GH4 colours and dynamic range? Great musicians, and so young talent. I wish the Dji filmer put some coins in their jar. This video was a gimbal test video and a great audio witness of the musicians, good handling and showcase of the gimbal, cinema verité it was not. Image seems in GH4 territory. Interesting enough for rent and evaluating the image quality oneself if they give them away for 20 a day.

Wanna share bits of your footage, Dji or, heck, just anything of beautiful Lissabon? @Emanuel

37 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

GH4 colours and dynamic range? Great musicians, and so young talent. I wish the Dji filmer put some coins in their jar. This video was a gimbal test video and a great audio witness of the musicians, good handling and showcase of the gimbal, cinema verité it was not. Image seems in GH4 territory. Interesting enough for rent and evaluating the image quality oneself if they give them away for 20 a day.

Wanna share bits of your footage, Dji or, heck, just anything of beautiful Lissabon? @Emanuel

I am not in Lisbon anymore, just still connected with from paperwork and stuff. That's time machine to me ;- )

On 10/30/2023 at 8:40 AM, wolf33d said:

No D-log in 4K120p is a joke and deal breaker. Was planning on buying it to use exclusively as a slow mo wide angle gimbal cam.

DJI kills everyone else in the drone market I wish they invested more in the regular camera market or at least gimbal camera market.

FIXED! Latest firmware adds 10bit color and choice of Dlog M or HLG for 4K 120P.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Interesting comparison... to show how good this tiny device is:

Definitely getting better.  

Considering it's on a gimbal and is an enthusiasts camera, I think they could spend a bit more on the next iteration (or release a Pro model) and make next model with a collection of cameras like smartphones now do.  Even if it had a 15mm equivalent, a 24mm equivalent and an 85mm equivalent that would be great.  Or make them the 8K like the Insta360 Ace Pro and you could have 4K recording with the 16mm (and 32mm with crop), then 50mm (and 100mm with crop).

I could get on board with that.

At the moment, we have 3 options principally:

1. Pocket 3

2. Use a gimbal.

3. DJI Ronin all in one thing.

Something dedicated between the 2 would be great.

OK we could go Route 2 with one of the more compact M4/3 options or even a compact, but the Pocket 3 is still tiny by comparison.

I’m still pondering Pocket 3 vs gimbal for this year…