Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Reid

Nikon D750 review - initial thoughts and real-world footage - ladies and gentleman we have a contender!

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Haven't seen rolling shutter tests yet? So far the footage looks good, but not really challenging. Would be good to know how it stacks up against the competitors (beating the A7S in this respect shouldn't be difficult!)

Just began reading this thread - does this continually AF in video mode, and if so, how does that compare with the 70d (not IQ wise obviously).

Thanks!

Might have to ditch the 5d3 + Canon glass and flip over to the dark side.  Why can't Canon release a FF camera with 60p video and a flippy screen?

Just began reading this thread - does this continually AF in video mode, and if so, how does that compare with the 70d (not IQ wise obviously).

Thanks!

C-AF in video is not the D750's strong point. The 70D is still much faster.

C-AF in video is not the D750's strong point. The 70D is still much faster.

Can I do a "push" to focus while recording?  Like AF-On?  Just be nice to be able to do that.  I don't think Nikon has any lenses that are like Canon's STM models - even if it won't quickly follow a subject around I'd like it to have some limited AF ability.  Manual focus gets harder when you get older...:)

Also, I owned the 70D for a few months.  I shot it heavily alongside my 5d3 and even my Panasonic LX7.  The video IQ from the 70d was worse even than the little $300 Amazon special LX7.  It's that bad.

Good luck waiting for Canon to upgrade significantly there video in its Dslr range. I think it is clear from Canon. If you want better video you have to move up to the Eos Cinema line of Camera.

Great review Andrew!

Question for you (and others who have handled this body): you touch on the build quality briefly, but I'm wondering - is it better feeling than the D610? I find my D610 to feel quite plasticky, especially on the front panel, which occasionally squeaks if I'm holding it awkwardly. I can see in the product images that the panel is redesigned on the 750, and I know the monocoque construction is new, but does it, for lack of a better way to put it, "inspire confidence"?

looks great...hard to tell with 720p...the price of the camera doesn't seem to warrant calling it a better purchase than a7s or gh4 at least yet... plus i loved the Nikon misuse of the iteration of "too" which should of read "to"