Leica D-Lux 7 4K camera $1350

FilmMan

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Unlikely or not, it would be so nice to be in Köln tomorrow. 

To geek out in the fair centre during the day, and then enjoy a pint or three of Kölsch on the other side of the river during the evenings. 

Those of you who can do it, enjoy, and have one on my behalf, too.

And pack very comfy shoes, if you're a first timer at Photokina. 

Anyway, to get back on topic, I wonder what would be the point of a 4K Leica S system in the first place.

The latest dpreview and photography blog article says the UK price is expected to be £825. But the specs sheet on the same site says £895, which is just a bit less than £100 more expensive than the Panasonic version.

http://***URL removed***/articles/9078374619/leica-introduces-d-lux-24-75mm-equiv-compact-with-four-thirds-sensor#press

Other differences that I can see so far:
Three year warranty
Uses DNG raw format.
No grip.
About 20g heavier.
Uses different phone app for WiFi control. Possibly different menu/control system, which IMO would be the biggest factor in buying decision.
Included flash unit is named different but probably just a rebranded version of the Panasonic again. Would be good if it was different and had a bounce feature.
Possibly different color science, which again could be a big decider for which version to buy.

As someone who visited the leica store in berlin a few months ago and got a feel for the brand, I must say this is a tempting offer if it is less than £100 more expensive and has a comparable control system.

Update: this site has it listed as £825 http://www.cliftoncameras.co.uk/Leica_D-LUX_Typ_109_black_Version_E_Digital_Camera

BTW they are also releasing several other cameras, including an FZ200 clone. Wonder how this watering down of the brand will effect them in the long run.

It won't. Leica are a luxury brand, the reality distortion field is actually even stronger than Apple's.

Please, I implore everyone, even if it's £100, it's still £100 you can spend elsewhere: Groceries, petrol/diesel, a health checkup, toilet paper...

It won't. Leica are a luxury brand, the reality distortion field is actually even stronger than Apple's.

Please, I implore everyone, even if it's £100, it's still £100 you can spend elsewhere: Groceries, petrol/diesel, a health checkup, toilet paper...

The extra warranty makes it tempting.

The other thing is that in a years time when we have moved on to the next big thing, the Leica version will have a higher residual value.   Pay more now. get more selling.

I want a high end 35mm fast FF lens for fitting a 5 piece band in shot from a reasonable distance.     I have been considering the Leica 1.4 and f2 lenses that are very expensive.  

It seems I will have a bit more choice soon so I might not have to pay full Leica prices for something around as good.      Still as expensive as Leica is, most of the stuff is quality and holds value.

As for this camera, I am tempted but will still probably get the Panasonic version.