GH4 : Best image quality (25 or 29,97fps ?)

ita149

Hi,

I have a question about GH4.

it can record 4k@25-29fps with an average of 70-90mbs according to my test, does it mean that 25fps mode has better quality than 29,97 ? Less frames so better quality per frame as it's the same data rate per second for the two settings ?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Negligible difference if there is one at all, which I doubt.

Choose your frame rate according to the type of motion you want to capture, that's far more important than a slight theoritical difference in IQ, which doesn't even exist.

You can shoot a sharp clip with motion 25 and 30 fps and watch frame by frame enlarged 200%. If there is no visual difference in macroblocking it is safe to use both. For internet delivery 30P is smoother option. 

The IPB compression works so that there is not a big difference in IQ. I think both has 2 big i-frames per second and 12 or 14 small p/b-frames. The only difference is 4-5 tiny p/b-frames per second.