What would happen if we took all the best features and put them in ONE camera...

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have traveled a lot with a D3 and you get used to the size pretty quickly, and once you get used to that body there is no way back (at least for me). So to me the body size is an advantage, if it had a EVF it would be also great for video because it has a very natural fit into hands and good big lenses don't tend to make you unstable.

Yeap, it's a matter of taste. I've been hauling film SLR's and dSLR's and lenses of varying sizes for ages, and got used to them. I don't own the D3 but something of the same caliper, size and weight-wise. But got to admit, after having used some of the smaller new cameras, too, I find myself feeling reluctant to carry the typical dSLR arsenal, if I don't have to. If I had to carry around a big, bulky and very expensive dSLR, I might as well go for a medium format camera. 

Guest d5f8611fa423d0e628c016f9d5c93b47

So which manufacturer will give us this uber-camera first? It has to be Sony doesn't it? The A7S is almost there. Don't Sony have rights to use the 5-axis as well?

I enjoyed looking at the pictures of all the cameras together. What is that large Panasonic camera to the left of the GH3 in the 2nd photo?

Yeap, it's a matter of taste. I've been hauling film SLR's and dSLR's and lenses of varying sizes for ages, and got used to them. I don't own the D3 but something of the same caliper, size and weight-wise. But got to admit, after having used some of the smaller new cameras, too, I find myself feeling reluctant to carry the typical dSLR arsenal, if I don't have to. If I had to carry around a big, bulky and very expensive dSLR, I might as well go for a medium format camera. 

And that's what I'm doing, the D3 was a very nice training before using a Pentax6x7, but the digital cameras don't even come close and cost a fortune (the new sony sensors are tiny).

There will be no Ãœber-camera, me hopes. Never. Ever. I love to walk and work in a camera-zoo, where strange creatures lurk in light or dark. For instance I love MFT-sensor cameras to be able to attach via an adaptor almost any "big sensor" lens. I also would like to own a Phase One middle format camera for stills at times (budget wise and what my wife thinks, I won't).

So instead: Lets be happy about all the strange beings, each adapting to different requisitions. No one to fit them all. Each interesting in their own way.

Interesting.  No ProResHQ?  

Andrew, do you feel that the GH4 codec grades as well as ProRes?  Or will with the 4:2:0 to 4:4:4 RGB process that you posted?  ProRes is a big selling factor for me in considering the BMPCC, along with the sigma/speedbooster combo, but I'm still on the fence. 

I would be happy if the plain A7 had IBIS (including for video) and better mp4 from the GX7 oh and the lossless teleconverter too.

EDIT and silent shutter and touch screen too.

Could go the other way but the GX7 has too much left out plus the grip/ergonomics I prefer from the A7.

Guest d5f8611fa423d0e628c016f9d5c93b47

Is it clear yet how sharp the internal 1080 image on the A7S will be?

I totally agree with you just to add that Fuji Xt-1 is superb all is needed now is a new starter point were  customers can design a new dream camera combining all new technologies building the ultimate camera/video it could definitely be done with a type of kick starter start up i would love to discuss that with whoever is interested in investing in that market .