Info about camera price range with those characteristics

Dan Wake

38 minutes ago, FHDcrew said:

It definitely wasn’t for 99% of canon cameras.

That's exactly what I was saying. 

For any non-cine Canon camera, their codecs/sensor/camera was giving a trash image, that you had to be very very careful with. 

But their C300mk1 / 1D C / etc were very very nice. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, FHDcrew said:

Agreed. I think a C100 II would have been perfect for me, since downrezzed FHD is plenty for what I do. I was a little concerned I wouldn’t be able to push the 8 bit low nitrate c-log around much. 

If good 8bit 1080 is enough to make you happy, why not get the C300mk1?

They're an extremely similar price now in 2022

The C100 is a little under US$1K, while the C300mk1 is a little over US$1K.

As the C300 can record at 50 Mbps 4:2:2 XF codec, whereas the C100's highest recording capability is 24 Mbps at 4:2:0 AVCHD codec. a BIG factor in favor of the C300mk1. 

Not to mention the many extra goodies the C300mk1 has, such as timecode and SDI output. 

(or splurge out on a C300mk2, but they seem to go for US$4K? Or $3K if you are lucky)

40 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Heh, you can get that out of a FS7/F5 for similar money as well. 

But they're doing 4K 12bit 444! Not 1080 

Very true…though that’s with a bulky external recorder. And C300 ii gives you DPAF as well. 

On 5/31/2022 at 6:50 PM, Dan Wake said:

Hi, I'm still shooting with my old Canon 7D, and I'm looking for a new buy.

Does exist a camera with those features under 1k euros?

feature list: the camera don't overheat; at least "apsc size" sensor; the video is stabilized, zero colored moiré effect; compatible with vintage lenses; having a good codec able to recover darker areas in post producion (good for color grading).

which is it the price for such a camera?

thx for your attention 

The thing that stinks is that your specific combination is really only available in M43 in your price range. The R10 lacks stabilization, otherwise it would check most of those boxes if overheating ends up not being an issue (wait for people to get the camera and really put it through the ringer though.)

The Lumix S5 is a little more than you're looking to spend, but it's a huge jump up and is a bargain. It might be worth waiting until you can save up a little extra and get that?

16 hours ago, IronFilm said:

If good 8bit 1080 is enough to make you happy, why not get the C300mk1?

They're an extremely similar price now in 2022

The C100 is a little under US$1K, while the C300mk1 is a little over US$1K.

As the C300 can record at 50 Mbps 4:2:2 XF codec, whereas the C100's highest recording capability is 24 Mbps at 4:2:0 AVCHD codec. a BIG factor in favor of the C300mk1. 

Not to mention the many extra goodies the C300mk1 has, such as timecode and SDI output. 

(or splurge out on a C300mk2, but they seem to go for US$4K? Or $3K if you are lucky)

Speaking of the C300... if it's good enough for a Hollywood film by Ti West...