Another M43 trivia question: OMDS/Olympus and Panasonic make M43 lenses with electrical contacts, who are the other M43 lens producers that have electrical contacts?

John Matthews

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, BTM_Pix said:

Xiaoyi

Yes.

1 hour ago, BTM_Pix said:

DJI

Yes. I believe that's it. You win @BTM_Pix. Unless I missed one. Correct me if I'm wrong, the DJI 15mm f/1.7 is simply a repackaged Panasonic Leica 15mm f/1.7, made by Panasonic. One could say the same about many other lenses though. I believe the Olympus 75mm f/1.8 is actually made by Sigma, but it was design through and through by Olympus... more a question of production savvy.

13 hours ago, John Matthews said:

Another M43 trivia question: OMDS/Olympus and Panasonic make M43 lenses with electrical contacts, who are the other M43 lens producers that have electrical contacts?

I just learned this one the other day. Winner gets bragging rights.

i must have missed something, does btm_pix win as the xiaoyi has af  ?  or are all the answers winners.

you make no mention of af being a requirement  as far as i can see.

15 hours ago, leslie said:

i must have missed something, does btm_pix win as the xiaoyi has af  ?  or are all the answers winners.

you make no mention of af being a requirement  as far as i can see.

Yes. We're all winners here. @BTM_Pix was able to list the final lens manufacturer that has made a lens WITH electrical contacts (AF was NOT a requirement). You might be confusing the previous M43 trivia post.

Let's recap: OMDS/Olympus, Panasonic, Sigma, Tamron, Laowa (VenusOptics), Xaioyi, DJI and Yongnuo are M43 manufacturers that produce lenses with electrical contacts. The other quasi-producers are Metabones and Viltrox with their speedboosters.

8 hours ago, amweber21 said:

Kodak is actually a M43 member with a camera and a couple lenses.

Thanks for that. I wonder how many more are going to show up out of the woodwork!

Updated list: OMDS/Olympus, Panasonic, Sigma, Tamron, Laowa (VenusOptics), Xaioyi, DJI, Yongnuo and Kodak are M43 manufacturers that produce (or have produced) lenses with electrical contacts. The other quasi-producers are Metabones and Viltrox with their speedboosters.