A Merry Christmas from EOSHD

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 hours ago, kye said:

My only question is - what alcohol did you put in those little barrels?  Brandy perhaps, for the holiday season?  Whisky for a more straight-up drink?  ...Tequila perhaps?

Soju is our poison of choice today! (although no, can't drink any until we wrap)

As doing a shoot today for an advert of a Soju brand:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJZesHMsF1E/

image.png.0f2dbd1b33c696d67d73bfdb7d2a6c66.png

(the sound that is)

10 hours ago, kye said:

XMAS DOGGIES!!

My only question is - what alcohol did you put in those little barrels?  Brandy perhaps, for the holiday season?  Whisky for a more straight-up drink?  ...Tequila perhaps?

🙂 🙂 🙂 

9 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

@kyeWhy, you wanna have some? 😉 Question is, was Kaylee zipping from "those little barrels" before sharing the experience?:) But you are right, what´s in the barrels?

Brandy!!

and yes i was 😂 

42 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Soju is our poison of choice today! (although no, can't drink any until we wrap)

As doing a shoot today for an advert of a Soju brand:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJZesHMsF1E/

image.png.0f2dbd1b33c696d67d73bfdb7d2a6c66.png

(the sound that is)

Soju!  I had my first soju experience only the other day, and it was quite delicious 🙂

I also like that the grapefruit one was featured - it was one of the ones that everyone liked the most!

40 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

I didn't even realize there was so many different flavors of Soju until I started working on this ad campaign last week! Guess it has been a long long time since I last drank Soju before this. 

We bought one of each and tried them all at a dinner party, with my wife (who is heavily into watching Korean TV series) explaining the customs around drinking it, with the eldest person serving first, how to hold the bottle as you pour, who has the glass highest when toasting, etc etc.  

The only challenge was the 'original' flavour, which reminded me of grappa / methylated spirits!  Urrgh.

3 hours ago, kye said:

We bought one of each and tried them all at a dinner party, with my wife (who is heavily into watching Korean TV series) explaining the customs around drinking it, with the eldest person serving first, how to hold the bottle as you pour, who has the glass highest when toasting, etc etc.  

We had the theory today that the rise in popularity of Soju could be linked to the increase in popularity of K Pop. 
But yes, watching Korean TV series could be another avenue. 

Another personal theory I've got is that Soju is being used as a substitute for RTDs. 
Especially as you can't buy stronger RTDs any longer, they've been banned 😞 😞 No more 12% Cody's of my youth! (although, I'd prefer 8% as the sweet spot) 

2 hours ago, IronFilm said:

We had the theory today that the rise in popularity of Soju could be linked to the increase in popularity of K Pop. 
But yes, watching Korean TV series could be another avenue. 

Another personal theory I've got is that Soju is being used as a substitute for RTDs. 
Especially as you can't buy stronger RTDs any longer, they've been banned 😞 😞 No more 12% Cody's of my youth! (although, I'd prefer 8% as the sweet spot) 

Could be, they're very easy to drink!

Speaking of Korean TV series, they're surprisingly well produced and image quality is often remarkably high.  My wife says the storytelling is also very good, so if you're inclined to a bit of soap then they might be worth a watch.  Netflix is full of them if you can navigate their algorithm in the right direction 🙂 

20 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

These two delivering the vaccines in those little barrels would be the heartwarming finale that we all need for the disaster movie that has been 2020

thats actually a beautiful thought. theyre rescue dogs!

*do not get me into the literal alleged history of st bernards and barrels. people need something to believe in ok

• Super Members
13 hours ago, kaylee said:

thats actually a beautiful thought. theyre rescue dogs!

*do not get me into the literal alleged history of st bernards and barrels. people need something to believe in ok

Well, in the UK, as you can see from this ad, they were as equally associated with tobacco as they were with booze.

I don't know whether it was just a random selection that determined if they turned up to rescue you with either brandy or tobacco or whether it was a more bespoke service depending on your needs like a forerunner (or pawrunner in this case) of Ubereats or Deliveroo.