Test footage of Sony A7SIII early morning waterfall, testing S-Log3 and Leeming LUT

Hangs4Fun

7 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

OK, I'll give you some feedback then.

You created an account which was not only being used to boost the posts of your main one but was actually interacting with those posts as though it was a real person.

That wasn't done accidentally or unconsciously was it?

You were then caught red handed and would no doubt have just continued with this deception if you hadn't been.

Your response to this deliberate shithousery being exposed was a six paragraph post in which the word "sorry" didn't only not appear but it wasn't even implied.

That complete lack of contrition is as bad as the initial deception.

You are absolutely correct.  My apologies I was trying to address the rules that I broke and focusing on that.  I should have lead with a sincere apology first.  Im ashamed and truly sorry.  Im used to dealing with people in person much more so than online.  Not an excuse.  

I really want to work through this shame and prove over time I am a good person and eventually will have things of value to share.  The integrity comment really hit me hard, and am reflecting on what I have done.  I got wrapped up in the "unanimosity" and lost my sense of person and how my actions affect the group of people I am connecting with.  I can only promise it will never happen again.  But if you choose to ban me or what ever it is called, I completely understand.  My deepest and sincerest apologies to everyone here.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
16 minutes ago, Hangs4Fun said:

have things of value to share.

The irony of it is I have actually enjoyed reading your comments about the A7S3 (having got one myself but not really had time to play yet - nor a Type A card or a Ninja). You didn’t need to resort to foolish tactics. 
I’d be grateful for any advice regarding the optimum low light (iso >25k) settings. Test shots? 

14 minutes ago, Dave Del Real said:

Forgiveness is in short supply these days, I hope we can revive it here. It's rare to see such remorse and humble honesty. Slap on the wrist and move on.

I hope so, but if not I understand.  

Im feeling like such a schmuck.  Seemed harmless at the time, but now I see that eoshd is a real community with people who watch out for and protect that community. And THAT is a real rarity online and one that I want to be a part of and make things right with.

I will do what ever is asked to repair and make amends for what I did.  I really appreciate the offer of forgiveness, that means a lot.

1 hour ago, Snowfun said:

The irony of it is I have actually enjoyed reading your comments about the A7S3 (having got one myself but not really had time to play yet - nor a Type A card or a Ninja). You didn’t need to resort to foolish tactics. 
I’d be grateful for any advice regarding the optimum low light (iso >25k) settings. Test shots? 

Thanks for that. Im new to RAW and 10bit 4:2:2 All Intra.  But not new to Sony mirrorless and low light.  I had success with a7R2 and a7R3 with low light, and even with my trusty ole a6500 paired with an f/1.4.  Many times it seems like I need to do shooting around campfires, and late night astro photos.  My experiences doing paid video have only started this year and it is nerve racking to say the least.

So far with the a7S3 I have shot up to 100k ISO, but what im struggling with is how to turn off internal noise handling.  I prefer to handle all sharpening and dealing with noise in post, but it is looking like we can only turn off sharpening on the a7S3.  I will be trying to do testing in low light with RAW to see if Sony is mucking with the noise any or if its truly a RAW output. 

I did take some test video shots last night around the camp fire.  I won't be back home until Thursday night and will share that footage then.  There were some darker embers that weren't getting radiant light cast on them so between them and the obvious highlight and white levels from the fire itself, i think that is a good test of dynamic range.  Just looking through that amazing EVF it looks impressive, but I font know until im back at my desk (plus im still a noob at this level of colors and dynamic range).

As for my settings at this stage, im ETTR'ing at 94+ with S-Log3 and S-Gamut.Cine with Focus nailed. I try to shoot at 180 degrees and wide open, reducing the ISO level needed.  Once I feel I have perfected that, I will then start closing down the aperture and increasingly ISO.  Right now in the corrective grade, the Leeming LUTs are leading to needed adjustments to magenta and cyan (and a touch green).  What surprised me from my OktoberKest footage is that just starting with the S-Log3 straight out of camera lead to only a sight adjustment to magenta and tiny tweak of cyan.  Versus applying the Leeming LUT added extra color adjustments.  Most of that shoot was a dark and this was time I had tried using those corrective LUTs with higher ISO levels and/or the practicals caused issues not sure.  

I took regular shots of my colorchecker and my 18%Grey card to keep an eye on WB, so thinking Leeming has some adjustments to make for the a7S3.  Please let me know if I shouldn't mention who makes the corrective LUTs I've been testing with.  I can just say corrective LUTs if that is more appropriate, im just trying to be accurate

Im most excited to try low light and RA with this camera.  In fact I have my Ninja V in backpack and will be testing low light in RAW tonight.  Just know there is something VERY odd happening with RAW right now.  I ETTR at 94+% and it looks really good on my Ninja V, but once I bring it into my computer (I have the latest Apple ProRes RAW drivers) and then bring them into Premiere (also latest version), it has very blown out highlights.  No clue why yet.  I suspect I need to scrap what I have been doing for S-Log3 internal and experiment what exposes the best.  Kind of sucks because the footage is so good looking on the NinjaV, which makes me think there is an issue with either the ProRes RAw windows drivers or Premiere or both with respects to RAW footage from the a7S3.  So I hesitate to resort to exposing RAW differently since my workflow was going to include 1 copy going to internal and one out as RAW.  The internal was fine but the RAW blown out.  I submitted support "tickets" to both Adobe and Apple, this was a week ago.

3 hours ago, Hangs4Fun said:

You are absolutely correct.  My apologies I was trying to address the rules that I broke and focusing on that.  I should have lead with a sincere apology first.  Im ashamed and truly sorry.  Im used to dealing with people in person much more so than online.  Not an excuse.  

I really want to work through this shame and prove over time I am a good person and eventually will have things of value to share.  The integrity comment really hit me hard, and am reflecting on what I have done.  I got wrapped up in the "unanimosity" and lost my sense of person and how my actions affect the group of people I am connecting with.  I can only promise it will never happen again.  But if you choose to ban me or what ever it is called, I completely understand.  My deepest and sincerest apologies to everyone here.

I don't think you should be banned, but I hope that you really did learn a lesson. 

You're not a bad person, just insecure. We all seek validation to some extent, but don't try and create it artificially. In doing so you not only lied to us, but more importantly you lied to yourself. Have some pride, man.