A bomb has landed - GFX 100 Ninja V

Andrew Reid

Andrew, mate, and I am even abstaining of any comment in that struggle in those threads out there, go figure! LOL No likes, nothing. More fuel to the thing, why? I believe these boards must chill out. I personally don't like to read any personal attacks, let alone to you or anyone else.

I humbly think you're not in the best of your moods tonight : ) and no matter the divergence we can all have to each other (I don't mean you and me but any of us), we are all different people, we cannot expect to see from someone else's keyboard what we'd like to read or write instead. You're the only webmaster, we are all here for fun, after all, no other pay off : -)

That my post in this thread is about the topic I believe the majority of us appreciate to read from you: cameras related.

No secondary (mis)interpretation(s).

So, you open this thread. My wonder: why and what single advantage you're willing to show us with that combo? Sincerely interested to hear/read/spot your finds. Hence my comment before. Is it really worthy? Nothing against photos of more gear as further add-ons to our rigs. But you should be blamed for your incentive to more purchases, you know? : D BTW any plans to post some footage of that GFX 100 Ninja V you decide now to tease your guests? Be careful with that mouth watering : P Hard to be indifferent to your posts, provocative publisher... hehe

Please keep this beloved forum (so yours, I consider it a bit mine or ours as well) as friendly as ever. Keep up the best of your good word, thanks man and enough deep pockets, shame on that ; -)

Let's be positive and avoid private yadda yadda, especially when ends bitter and nonsense then. Life is too precious to be wasted.

- E.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I think metabones recently released their own gfx to hasselblad speedbooster, which also boosts the gfx into an insane 6x6 0.56x crop factor, and it should be quite a bit sharper than the kipon, but for some reason not a single review or sample footage has been posted on the internet. I think that could be interesting to test out.

Exactly for the same reason the user up there is wondering about. Horses for courses. One doesn't exclude any other. This works to people posting, the same way to gear.

We can mimic any look out there, of course. RAW and/or a robust codec will allow it but each camera has its own intrinsic trace and this can be explored in a very plural creative way.

I don't think all cameras produce the same results. When I recommend some device or workflow for a production of mine or to others, it is because of that singularity you can only expect from a diverse range of combinations as much as possible you'll enrich your content.

- E.

26 minutes ago, jack jin said:

I think metabones recently released their own gfx to hasselblad speedbooster, which also boosts the gfx into an insane 6x6 0.56x crop factor, and it should be quite a bit sharper than the kipon, but for some reason not a single review or sample footage has been posted on the internet. I think that could be interesting to test out.

Insane. Not on Youtube??

Actually, this one is available on YT:

Just only snaps and not video... : ( Seems the right job for you, Andrew...

I believe we cannot ignore how valuable the results all these combination tests can lead.

Maybe with Brian's bless?

I think everyone has everything to benefit from this sort of initiatives left by your forum members... Pure thumbs up ; ) finally in a much more (co-)productive way in the good old tradition of this forum : )

Let's obviously second the plea : -)

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Andrew, mate, and I am even abstaining of any comment in that struggle in those threads out there, go figure! LOL No likes, nothing. More fuel to the thing, why? I believe these boards must chill out. I personally don't like to read any personal attacks, let alone to you or anyone else.

I humbly think you're not in the best of your moods tonight : )

It isn't about me.

Every thread has at least 5 pages of your opinion in it.

Reams and reams of postulating from an armchair.

People are not looking to read what you had for breakfast

People are looking for actually useful camera information in each topic.

So, you open this thread. My wonder: why and what single advantage you're willing to show us with that combo? Sincerely interested to hear/read/spot your finds. Hence my comment before. Is it really worthy? Nothing against photos of more gear as further add-ons to our rigs. But you should be blamed for your incentive to more purchases, you know? : D BTW any plans to post some footage of that GFX 100 Ninja V you decide now to tease your guests? Be careful with that mouth watering : P Hard to be indifferent to your posts, provocative publisher... hehe

????

Please keep this beloved forum (so yours, I consider it a bit mine or ours as well) as friendly as ever. Keep up the best of your good word, thanks man and enough deep pockets, shame on that ; -)

Let's be positive and avoid private yadda yadda, especially when ends bitter and nonsense then. Life is too precious to be wasted.

- E.

Yeah life is too precious to be wasted.

YOU GOT IT

• Administrators
7 hours ago, filmmakereu said:

Amazing detail. Idea of video made me salivate.

image.thumb.png.4b4af625a2ca505a60efa6de0c6d4da6.png

Why that vignette??

If this shot is still then the Hasselblad lenses use a leaf shutter inside the lens.

It could be a problem with that, or it could be a problem with the timing of the shutter in relation to the capture by the sensor.

Has not happened yet with my HC lenses on the GFX 100

I've never been a fan of rigs and monitors as well, but I just picked up a Ninja V to pair with the EOS R and I'm in the process of kitting it out with bits from Smallrig. Prores, 10-bit and false color for exposure (far better than zebras) are the main reasons for me. Looking forward to footage with the medium format speedbooster. 

Chris

Chris, me too : ) Not exactly to couple that EOS R camera but a few others. I yet wonder if it will really bring some extra advantage, because if not why to bother with?

OK Andrew, I will try to refrain both to praise the Pocket series camera as well asking to not going on personal attacks on your beloved forum. This is not only a personal opinion. Even today, I've received private messaging in the same page. I like both, this place and your work. You know it. I won't even refer our private stuff, even recently. I bet it should always remain friendly and helpful, I wish.

When people like some stuff either be individuals or gear, our craft, etc we fight for it. There are distinct realms, but even on public, believe me, I wish it could be run from an armchair... LOL (but I do understand your expression)

No, man, I have many people on film sets. I pay salaries. They don't work alone. Distinct different crafts in the same industry. And I even have to go to the Courts at times when there are conflicts to solve, unfortunately. I can only speak for my experience. But I've always been supportive about you (here and outside) when I see some player not treat you like my own bias on you would love to. Blackmagic, dvxuser, reduser, DPReview, Cinema5D... Even yesterday. You read it. Please I don't want to play such scapegoat role now : )

You know yourself better than anyone as much as I can speak by myself but for sure not about the experiences I don't have.

Reason why when someone like you comes to this location with a new combination of gear, people like me who appreciate to read you tend to ask and interact with you. Please don't be hostile with your loyal readers. We can't all have the same style. This is tolerance. Not only electing the right politician for the job. I've read a lot of stuff I genuinely cannot second. I beg you, be the old chap we all love to see.

- E.

• Administrators

I am not asking you to refrain from praising the Pocket cameras!

Just asking you to edit yourself a bit for the benefit of our topics and threads. And less YouTube clips as well

It really is not a personal thing.

I am trying to moderate the best I can and this is a major issue.

Maybe not. But I see it like that. A matter of style? Different background or another native language?

We've been in touch in private. I even had the pleasure and joy to be helpful to you more recently in some major and much more serious issue. You and I perfectly know it. I've always been supportive of you. Who else has defended you outside?

The same way I don't appreciate to read unfriendly vibes associated with you either towards you or from you. You can always count on my sincere support to you. Civil and friendly. The same way I am expecting the same from everyone addressed to you or to me.