Jump to content

Recommended Posts

A short promo about studying in Rome. Shot in May 2013 on the Canon 5d mark 3 RAW when RAW had just been released.
 


Lenses primarily used: Canon 35mm IS and Canon 70-200 f2.8 mk2. I only had 2 Lexar 1000x, now I use these and 4x Komputerbay cards. Edited on Premiere, ran through Adobe Camera Raw in After Effects first to get better debayer and graded on Davinci Resolve. 
 
I hope you like it, let me know your thoughts!
 
>
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you! I wouldn't recommend my workflow for this one as I was playing around. I'm still playing around, I used to be a programmer.

 

I noticed the Resolve debayer wasn't as good so I ended up exporting an XML back to After Effects and reconnecting every clip to the original DNG files from there, setting the correct exposure and white balance and then rendering that to color correct in Resolve (had to use Scene Detection in Resolve to cut the file up again). So I wouldn't recommend that workflow.

 

What I'm doing now, which is also very crazy because the debayer is crap in Resolve and great in Adobe Camera Raw, is that I select all the first files in every DNG folder (the one called 000000.dng) and drop it in Photoshop. There I set the sharpening, white balance (with the eyedropper) and exposure. Click done. Bring it to After Effects using the Immigration.jsxbin script (make sure keep hirarchy is checked) and then to get all the file names right I've made a .jsx script that goes like this:

 

//Use with “Immigration†script
 
{
   // define variables
var thisRender, newPath, i, j;
var renderQ = app.project.renderQueue;
var secondItem = app.project.item(1);
 
   // loop through each renderQueue item, checking if any are queued
   for (i = 1; i <= renderQ.numItems; ++i) {
      
      // check if the render item is queued
      if (renderQ.item(i).status == RQItemStatus.QUEUED) {
      
         // shortcut variable for render item   
         thisRender = renderQ.item(i);
         
         // loop through any output modules
         for (j = 1; j <= thisRender.outputModules.length; j++) {
 
 
thisRender.comp.name = secondItem.item(i).name.substring(0,8);
 
         }   
      }
   }
}
 
Then render to prores4444. Like I said I'm playing around with this, normal people would just render proxies from Resolve, edit and then reconnect to the DNGs and Color Correct like that. Wish I was normal :)
 
I don't have the drive in front of me but I'm guessing we had a bit over 1tb of data in total for this.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...