Fujifilm X-T200 (an even cheaper X-T30?)

IronFilm

https://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/full-leaked-fuji-x-t200-press-text-and-images/

A gyro sensor sits at the heart of the new Electronic Stabilization Mode and assists in reducing the effects of camera shake when recording video footage. 

Sadly still no IBIS! But then again it would have been a surprised to see IBIS in this cheapest of cheap camera models, maybe in the next generation, or the one after. A Fujifilm X-T400 anybody?

But a gyro sensor is new! Hopefully makes that Electronic Stabilization better than normal. 

image.png.c2ac90063f2f30f2c1dfc3b268bdca69.png
Very very pleased to see a vlogging screen!

Who thinks that is a mic input on the side? Maaaaybe

Gee, if only it had proper IBIS then this could have been a perfect camera to take the YouTube vloggers by storm!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Fuji is barreling down the tracks.

A lot of features packed into this thing.

The virtual gimbal is interesting. I know it requires high shutters speeds but if your shooting video you can use something like Really Smart Motion Blur (some Hollywood movies have used this) to get back your 180 degree motion blur.

So it comes with a 3.5mm mic jack and also includes a usb-c to headphone jack adapter in the box. Those small things makes me think Fuji really listens. 

Those, the really nice flip screen and the new gimbal is mode, really make it an interesting choise for vloggers. The gimbal mode seems to be only available in 1080p but tony northrup just told us that nobody needs 4k ;)

The inclusion of 1×1 ‘square’ aspect ratio in HD reflects a trend in shooting content for social media.

Just the thing every Social Media Influencer needs, square videos!

I'm joking, but also I'm serious. Is nice to see Fuji thinking about these random small details so that their X-T200 will be a hit with the massive vlogging crowd.

48 minutes ago, frontfocus said:

One more thing about the X-T200

T200 generates 4K (3840×2150) video by recording 6K video with no crop (6032×3392) and downsampling it

So even with 30p it won’t crop. 

Well, with a 15 min recording limit.

How does Fuji manage to pack so much horsepower into their cameras? They must have competent SoC engineers.

After a bit of digging. I can find most of the DSP and CPU designs (all ARM based and from third parties except for Fuji’s. Which are probably in house.

Sonys are in house too.

The FUJIFILM X-T200 has a new feature that hans’t been included in their other cameras before. ‘Digtial Gimbal’ uses a gyro sensor to stabilize the image, reducing shaky footage. There is no indication of how many stops of stabilization there are, but the implementation of ‘Digital Gimbal’ in this entry level camera is promising for future model releases. (Functional during HD recording only).

Drat! Limited to HD. Probably has a bit of a crop too when "digital gimbal" is turned on?

Oh well.

4 minutes ago, Video Hummus said:

How does Fuji manage to pack so much horsepower into their cameras?

I think it has a lot to do with their other cameras. It is said, that X-Trans needs a lot more processing power and that was one reason, why early Fuji cameras were really bad at video. But they now have some high performance quad core chips. Their other cameras are medium format, with over 100MP, so that is a lot that needs to be processed. 

This is the first time that full HD ‘square’ format video can be recorded in camera in frame rates up to 59.94p. Additionally, users can now shoot in a film simulation (No F-Log), trim and resize clips in camera, send to a smartphone and upload to social media. This is potentially the beginning of a trend that allows content creators to capture and edit video clips destined for social media, directly in camera.

That is very small, internal trimming of videos. Much better I'd hope than using a smartphone for it. (at least my cheap crummy one is sh*t for it)

Imagine knowing out some quick 1x1 BTS promo videos for a feature film you're shooting, then being able to upload that instantly to FB/IG/etc