Sign in to follow this  
denko89

Isco Scoptimax Centa Vision 2X

Anybody has any experience with this lens?

I only found this old ebay auction page from Redstan I believe describing the lens

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/isco-centavision-anamorphic-lens-128626541

Though this lens and Andrews look different but share the same name I wonder is there any difference between these lenses?

The only notable difference to me from looking at the pictures in the links I provided in this Topic is that Andrews lens seems bigger overal and has a broader focus dial.

http://www.eoshd.com/content/9379/blackmagic-cinema-camera-goes-anamorphic-with-the-isco-centavision-2x

Lastly is the Isco Scoptimax Centa Vision 2X a single focus lens?

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I've been hunting for one of these since I got into anamorphics, with little to no luck at all.

About a year ago, there was an Isco Centavision on ebay, for 900 euro, but it was just like Redstan's, double focus system. The "regular" centavision IS a double focus lens. Andrew's isn't. His is more like an Isco 42 (identical in comparison), but with a 2x stretch.

As far as I know the Isco Centavision was distributed from Widescreen Centre England and Scoptimax Ltd. Germany. Both are similar (as described above). Scoptimax (former Cineton AV) was a publisher for Cinemascope Super-8 movies as well.

that was my discription the lens went for 700 hundred ish i think.
if it was just a simple rebadge of a kowa it would not have the name isco on it.
clearly microsoft do not put apple logo on the crap they make.
 clearly a  4 way connection existed between 2 lens companies a skoptimax guy in germany and a centavision guy in england.
i have 10 kowas only 2 where as sharp as that centavision.
they are worth 500-800 quid.
i have a skoptimax and it is very lovely again more like the best kowa 8z
again better than many kowa bell howell my guess is bell howells had a hard corporate life or maybe bell howell usa screwed kowa a little and so the japanese dropped quality control a little

andrews isco is a frankenstein bit of kowa but mainly isco 42 super super rare could even have been the owners private lens or a prototype.

What the hell...

Someone bought one last second for €864. Seems a bit overpriced to me.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/221317821746?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Oh dear. Yeah very much overpriced. Just hope they read up on it first and know what to expect.