Sign in to follow this  
Sebastien Farges

THE PERFECT SHARP LIGHT POCKET ANAMORPHIC SET ON OMD ! :)

https://vimeo.com/77265744

This movie has been shoot during thursday 18th of october 2013, from the morning to the end of the afternoon, bringing my daughter at school, then filming with my students at university, then taking my daughter from her school. 
I'm glad to have now I think the perfect anamorphic set combination for my baby Hypergonar anamorphic lens. I bought few weeks ago a used Qioptiq C-mount lens, usually used in industry. This lens is very sharp, even at it's fastest aperture (f1.6) and this wide aperture is still usable with the anamorphic on it ! Some of the shot of the movie had been taken at f1.6. Here is a movie taken with this lens alone :
vimeo.com/75065010
It is not possible to screw directly the anamorphic lens on the Qioptiq prime lens because the front barrel is turning when you focusing. So I ordered a special machined flat step up ring to attach the two lens. I've unscrewed the ring on the Qioptiq that is maintening the glass, and replace with the special machined flat ring. Then I screwed on it the original small Berthiot clamp that can align the anamorphic lens. Then I put the baby Berthiot hypergonar in it. The combination suit perfectly !
The weight of this anamorphic combo is quite light. The Hypergonar weight is 57 grams, the clamp maybe 20 grams, the Qioptiq is 210 gram, then the two filters (diopter + variable ND) and step up rings maybe 150 grams. So the total is around only 400 grams !
And finally using the OM-D with it's 5 axis stabilization system with an anamorphic combo is very useful !

Olympus OM-D E-M5 5 1080P 30
Art 3 filter
no color correction
1/50 shutter speed 200 asa
Qioptiq MeVis C C-mount 35mm f1.6 lens (in this movie the lens was set between f1.6 to f5.6)
baby Berthiot Hypergonar 1.75X anamorphic lens 
Tokina diopter O.5
variable ND filter Cokin Pure Harmony
Xume magnetic filter attachments

Music : Siouxie and the Banshees "Night shift"

Flickr's album of the set :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157636631334626/

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By brianmcall
      I'm selling a copy of the smallest Anamorphic lens in the world, the Baby Hypergonar 1.75x. It's been said there were only about 50 of these ever made. Designed by the OG, Henri Chretien, and made in 1957.
      It is in great condition. Comes with a little black carry case. Really lovely copy, no scatches, fungus, haze. Body is in great shape. There are a few small coating blemishes on the front, but they are so hard to see I couldn't even capture them in the pictures, and they don't show up in performance. 
      Can be used by just focusing your taking lens or in combination with a single focus variable diopter. Neutral unique flares and beautiful rendering.
      - PRICE: $1500 USD
      - LENS NAME: Baby Hypergonar
      - CONDITION: Near Mint Optics, Mint Body
      - PAYMENT METHOD: PayPal
      - FEES & SHIPPING: PayPal fees and shipping paid by buyer.

Please PM me if interested

• By DIGICHombre
      Nippon Kogaku Japan Cine-NIKKOR 25mm F/1.8 wide angle lens. Close focus up to 2 feet / .6 meter.
      Nippon Kogaku Japan Cine-NIKKOR 10mm F/1.8 wide angle lens. Close focus up to 1 foot / .3 meter.

Bought on eBay, used with C-Mount to Micro Four Thirds lens mount on Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera. 
      Optically in excellent condition. Inside no specks of dust, haze, oil scratches that I can detect. Clicks work as expected. Focus is smooth.
      Cosmetically clean on outside. Very good for its age. 

Close focus up to 2 feet / .6 meter. Very light weight, and tiny size. Smallest lens I've ever owned. Paired with BMMCC or BMPCC this makes a fantastic combination. BMMCC / BMPCC is super 16 sensor so I didn't need a speedbooster, and no vignette. I would expect to see vignetting on any sensor size larger than super 16.

EXTRA
      Comes with a 40mm Switar C-mount lens, Metabones MFT to C-mount adapter.
      SELLING as a complete set. Asking $570 OBO.

• By Bruno Alques Siqueira
      if you know where to buy or someone are selling.... tnx
    • By Rax
      Hello,
      as you can see in the attachments i'm selling two "Henri Chrétien S.T.O.P. Hypergonar HI-FI-2".
      one of them a bit more worn-down and have tiny bit of shattering in the corner and a it stiffer focus ring but both optically clean and without any scratch or dust or fungus.

Price: 500$ + shipping for both of them (also i'm waling to trade with any photographic related item)
      Shipping: wordwide