Sign in to follow this  
BTM_Pix

Sennheiser XSW-D Batteries

When this system was announced, there was a discussion over the internal rechargeable battery not only in terms of run times but also over longevity and if it failed would that be game over for the units.

At the time, I speculated that based on the power spec quoted by Sennheiser and the shape of the units then it was likely that it was going to be a standard off the shelf battery (a 3.7V/850mAh  14500) so not only should it be possible to replace a dead battery, it shouldn't be that much of a challenge to make it swappable if you needed really long run times in the field.

So.....now that I actually have one, I thought I'd have a look.

SennComp.thumb.jpg.f8c9f7ab2824b6e4d43dfa3354ad5541.jpg

And, yes indeed, it is a standard 3.7V/850mAh 14500 battery.

You can pick these up for less than £1 each and a charger will set you back about £5-7.

The connector to the board is also just a standard connector so if you really need the longer run times and swap out capability its pretty straightforward to fashion this yourself and have all day run times for both receiver and transmitter for under £20.

Now, where did I put that warranty form....

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
9 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

I can imagine Sennheiser charge 70$€£ for replacing battery!

How good is this system? Have you used it together with other wireless systems?

I will do it for €50!

I've only had a brief test of it and it is fine but I haven't tried it in any densely saturated areas although our apartment does have the equivalent of a small town's worth of 2.4GHz devices humming away at any given moment !

This is a fair and accurate appraisal of it that I would agree with based on my own short time with it.