Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Marshall

Looking for a good stabilizer

Im in need of some advice. I have a full Redrock UltraCage setup. Backplate everything and power distribution system connected to a V-Mount battery. Its heavy to say the least. I bought the Steadicam Merlin and body brace. Which worked with just the dslr, well even with the beginning parts of the ultracage. However with the full ultracage and battery it is far too heavy.

Im in need of a scale for sure, however does anyone have any suggestions for good heavy duty heavy camera stabilizers? Im concerned the Glidecam 4000 doesn't support the weight I need it to support.

Additional accessories on the camera

Marshall LCD

H4N Zoom

Sennheiser boom mic with blimp windscreen

Its all very heavy and most I can find only support 4-10 lbs

Ultracage setup

Ultracage

Ultracage backpack and v-mount battery attachment

Shoulder support (which I could very well remove without much effort that in itself is heavy)

MatteBox (id like to use this however i can remove it)

Id like one that i can just lock onto with a Manfrotto quick release plate whenever I need a steadicam shot and not have to take the whole ultracage apart just to do it.

Thanks in advance.

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
I have not and that's the issue. Don't have a scale anywhere. Gotta find one first and go from there. It looks like stabilizer sleds are the only option. However most for the weights I'm guessing at I.e over 10 lbs come with the vest and arm as well. Nothing separate.

Another option may be the Varizoom

http://www.amazon.com/Varizoom-Fully-Supported-Stabilizer-Camera/dp/B000MT1Q48/ref=sr_1_7?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1372467166&sr=1-7&keywords=stabilizer+sled

By my estimate my camera weight is right within 10-20 so around 15 or so i'd think.

Just dont need the arm :\ I contacted Glidecam to see if they have an option however it looks like ill just have to waste money buying another vest and arm.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Alex T
      Amazing cage with built-in follow focus wheel perfect for the a7s, Canon and Nikon cameras. It's in used condition but works great. Redrock are a quality company with excellent customer service. I've found this cage to be exceptional as a one-man-band. 

"The Scout is first of its kind ultra-portable camera multi-tool. It’s a universal cage and rig in one featuring a built-in microRemote Fingerwheel System that’s wireless-ready. The Scout has a rail system when you need it, or remove rails for a super low profile setup. Load-and-go, run-and-gun, point-and-shoot right out of the box. ultraCage Scout is the ultimate self-contained rig for handheld mirrorless camera and DSLR video" 

RRP: $2,199.00

Selling for £1099

• By Charlie777
      Hi, I have a Glidecam 4000 Pro for sale . very good condition .Few years ago I paid $500.
      Ideal for music videos and short films. up to 10kg camera . Only serious offers. 
      Selling for £280 . 

• By dia3olik
      Perfectly working and in good conditions!
      Ready for Magic Lantern which produces some of the best images ever for 1080P imho...FULL FRAME RAW with Canon Colors as a base!
      Included in price:
      - Genuine Canon BG-E11 Battery Grip
      - A very fast Kingston USB3 CF Reader
      - 2x 64GB ML certified Compact Flash cards!
      Asking price is 1500€ for EVERYTHING ! ! ! !
      I can include also some LP-E6 Batteries and a charger eventually for a good price if needed!
      I also have a gorgeous Wooden Camera Cage and handles and other aks to further complete the kit.
      I can ship in Europe with UPS splitting the price with the buyer.
      Payment with IBAN or PayPal (adding the fees), or in person pickup in Bologna, Italy totally welcomed! 😉

• By wherezelig
      Selling a excellent condition 5D Mark III with Canon 50mm f1.8, battery grip with hand strap, 5 batteries, AC wall adapter, 3 CF cards, and 2 chargers. The 5D has Magic Lantern preinstalled for RAW shooting and upgraded operating system. I can also remove the Magic Lantern if need be. The camera is only 2 years old, has been mainly used in a studio setting shooting only video, and taken extremely great care of. It has less than 6,000 shutter count and is in like new condition. The Canon 50mm 1.8 is the hard to find older model with the better focus ring. The lens is in excellent condition, with no scratches, fungus, or oil on aperture blades. Set comes with 3 CF cards, a 64gig, and two 32gig cards.  $2000 OBO

• By thule999
      Selling this shoulder rig and follow focus. The model is Lanparte DSLR. For DSLR, mirrorless and can be adapted to other cameras, it's quite versatile with a lot of configurations. Metal components, solid and bomb proof. Great condition and everything working. I sell it with the focus whip and an offset clamp that are not in the photos.
      €600 + shipping

Or if you prefer Ebay: https://www.ebay.es/itm/292648089198?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649