Interesting stuff to watch...

kye

We don't have a thread for stuff we're watching, and I was going to say that I'm currently watching Homecoming on Amazon and it's very interesting.

The series deals with two different time periods as well as 'altered states' and it uses quite a range of cinematic techniques, as well as just being really well shot with interesting angles.

Things that might be interesting:

• One of the time periods has a very distinct colour grade (normal) but also appears to be square or slightly-vertical crop (a first for me) - very cool
  • Some shots are with 'clean' lenses, others with blurry edges for a slight tunnel-vision effect, and the occasional shot is full-on Helios territory with strange bokeh
  • Really nice story, cinematography and editing etc. 

Recommended!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 3/21/2019 at 9:08 PM, kye said:

We don't have a thread for stuff we're watching, and I was going to say that I'm currently watching Homecoming on Amazon and it's very interesting.

The series deals with two different time periods as well as 'altered states' and it uses quite a range of cinematic techniques, as well as just being really well shot with interesting angles.

Things that might be interesting:

• One of the time periods has a very distinct colour grade (normal) but also appears to be square or slightly-vertical crop (a first for me) - very cool
  • Some shots are with 'clean' lenses, others with blurry edges for a slight tunnel-vision effect, and the occasional shot is full-on Helios territory with strange bokeh
  • Really nice story, cinematography and editing etc. 

Recommended!

@kye I definitely have to agree with you on this. I watched the whole season and was very impressed. Good performances from everyone involved [Stephan James and Julia Roberts scenes in particular] and for the director to be allowed to hold onto the smallest of beats/emotions that the cast put out is so valuable. The visuals their DOP was able to make were excellent - and I really liked the 'sssshhHHWOOOOSSSSHHhhh' as their transitional device. I cannot wait for season 2!

I started last summer re-watching all Star Trek, mainly to feel disgusted everytime I watch a Discovery episode, and I am in Enterprise second season currently. It is not perfect but some episodes are just great TV, the story is above everything.