Hey Panasonic: Super 35 + M43 mount = winner

newfoundmass

11 hours ago, currensheldon said:

- Panasonic AF100 - The GH5 and GH5s have been such massive hits, putting those specs into an AF200 body (sleeker and smaller) with all that comes with a video camera would be awesome to see. 

Or just cut off the lens on the Panasonic DVX200 (replacing the lens with a MFT mount) and sell it at a suitably discounted price, and I'm sure such a camera would find quite a bit of popularity as well. 

11 hours ago, currensheldon said:

- Canon C100 - this is probably the biggest because it was so popular. Would love an even more compact version. A MarkIII would need that 10-bit 422 4K that the C200 lacks.

Seeing as how no C100 has ever done 10bit at any resolution, I bet that the C100mk3 will not do 10bit 4K!!

Expect 8bit 420 4K 30fps from the C100mk3 (perhaps with some other weird crippling/limitation as well, like no DPAF with 4K, or only 4K with a big crop, etc)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Or just cut off the lens on the Panasonic DVX200 (replacing the lens with a MFT mount) and sell it at a suitably discounted price, and I'm sure such a camera would find quite a bit of popularity as well. 

Seeing as how no C100 has ever done 10bit at any resolution, I bet that the C100mk3 will not do 10bit 4K!!

Expect 8bit 420 4K 30fps from the C100mk3 (perhaps with some other weird crippling/limitation as well, like no DPAF with 4K, or only 4K with a big crop, etc)

Yea the DVX200 has always been appealing - and one with interchangeable lenses would be great. 

As for Canon C100, I think you're probably right. 10-bit 422 in 4K is me just being hopeful. More likely it will have the same specs as the 4-year old FS5 (10-bit in HD, 8-bit in 4K) but without the SDI raw support. Granted, I'd take 8-bit Canon image over any 10-bit Sony image, but many clients or potential projects want to make sure they're filming in Netflix approved standards - just in case. 

The only way that the C100 would get 10-bit 422 would be if the C300 Mark III came out soon with a massive spec jump, such as 6K-8k, 60-120fps in 4K, internal raw, etc - as of now, the C300 only sells because people love the Canon image (as I do) and it's the ONLY affordable-ish Canon camera that has the required 10-bit 422. If they want to keep selling that camera, a $6k 10-bit 4K C100 Mark III would eat all of its sales. 

That would be really nice if they did it, but they wont. I guess I will have to ditch m43 anyway as Panasonic refuses to incroporate PDAF on their sensors. And my hope for a magical organic sensor which will even the odds has vanished some time ago. Looking out for Sony a7S3 and whaever Fuji might come up with. A bit sad about that cos I love my GH5 but really need AFC to be reliable and smooth for some of my shots. 

My dream Panasonic camera would be:

- Super 35 or at least multi-aspect ratio Organic Sensor with build in ND, shitload of DR and Global Shutter and at least 20 mpx

- Reliable AFC - I dont care about technology but I want it to work

- Best physical IBIS in class + best digital one like GoPro HyperSmooth combined giving me a gimbal-like performance 

- 10-25 1.7 Lens which would be equal to at least 3.0 with 1.8 crop factor of multi-aspect sensor

- 4k 120 with AFC and sound

- Big flippy screen, maybe 4.5 or 5 inch with FHD (not essential)

Thats it. But I highly doubt we will see anything like that anytime soon.

Also I feel a bit seduced by Sony FE lens lineup. Like Tamron 28-75 or Sony 24 1.4 and lots of cheap 3rd party option like Samyang etc. 

On 2/27/2019 at 5:03 AM, currensheldon said:

More likely it will have the same specs as the 4-year old FS5 (10-bit in HD, 8-bit in 4K) but without the SDI raw support.

To expect even 10bit HD from a C100 mk3 is I feel too overly optimistic about Canon

On 2/27/2019 at 5:03 AM, currensheldon said:

The only way that the C100 would get 10-bit 422 would be if the C300 Mark III came out soon with a massive spec jump, such as 6K-8k, 60-120fps in 4K, internal raw, etc - as of now, the C300 only sells because people love the Canon image (as I do) and it's the ONLY affordable-ish Canon camera that has the required 10-bit 422. If they want to keep selling that camera, a $6k 10-bit 4K C100 Mark III would eat all of its sales. 

Translation:

The only was this would happen is if Canon totally acts like the opposite of Canon and releases an over the top specced C300mk3, and then Canon acts once again nothing like Canon to then release a C100mk3 4K 10bit 422

17 hours ago, Amazeballs said:

My dream Panasonic camera would be:

- Super 35 or at least multi-aspect ratio Organic Sensor with build in ND, shitload of DR and Global Shutter and at least 20 mpx

- Reliable AFC - I dont care about technology but I want it to work

- Best physical IBIS in class + best digital one like GoPro HyperSmooth combined giving me a gimbal-like performance 

- 10-25 1.7 Lens which would be equal to at least 3.0 with 1.8 crop factor of multi-aspect sensor

- 4k 120 with AFC and sound

- Big flippy screen, maybe 4.5 or 5 inch with FHD (not essential)

Thats it. But I highly doubt we will see anything like that anytime soon.

Also I feel a bit seduced by Sony FE lens lineup. Like Tamron 28-75 or Sony 24 1.4 and lots of cheap 3rd party option like Samyang etc. 

Yea a Panasonic MFT video camera with the GH5s low-light sensor + IBIS would be awesome. Slap that 10-25mm f1.7 on there and you'd be good to go for 80-90% of all needs. Add in a speedbooster, and you'd have a virtual 1x crop - or pretty close to it if the multi-aspect sensor only has a 1.8 or 1.9 crop.