Firmware update for the 1DC???

mkabi

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

I sign of hope, nah. A sign of minor bug fixes more like.

But, if it was not supported... then even those minor bugs won’t be fixed. 

I know what you want... you want peaking, histograms, etc. in one of the updates which... given their history... not going to happen. But, if enough people complain about something like hot pixels they may add the remapping feature that’s been in the 1dx but neglected in the 1dc

Maaan, if they would just add that remapping feature I would be so content with my 1DC. I mean, I'll probably never sell it, but the knowledge that the hot pixel issue is just a matter of when, not if it happens to this camera, is just enough to make me feel uneasy anytime I reach for it to do a shoot. I'm not an expert on the history of DSLR f*ck ups at all, but the omission of that feature (a feature that seems to be standard or at least common place enough to be expected in their high-end product line) seems more egregious than their practice of crippling their cameras.

28 minutes ago, User said:

An eyebrow raises in the land of the rising sun. Then, the eyebrow lowers.

Lol, I only say that because excluding the remapping feature doesn't seem like the kind of decision motivated by their cripple-the-product-protect-the-bottom-line strategy. 

1 hour ago, Ty Harper said:

Lol, I only say that because excluding the remapping feature doesn't seem like the kind of decision motivated by their cripple-the-product-protect-the-bottom-line strategy. 

Oh I don't know about that. To me it's about them placing the camera in a certain echelon. Could they be thinking that folks who appreciate and can afford a camera like this, can also appreciate and afford to have regular servicing at an extra expense?

1DC owner: Yeah man, I took it in for servicing and the rep said 'You are so fucking cool for buying this.' And I leaned into him and said, 'Yeah I know.'

Guest at party: 'Wow man, choice.'

Who knows.

Like this, only with a camera... but still somehow different:

fixie fags.jpg