[Closed] Current e-bay auctions for anamorphic adapters

conTXT

I'm selling one of my Carl Zeiss anamorphic lenses - legendary Schott Glass ....very very sharp and superb contrast - very nice blacks

Glass is almost mint very clear and sharp

it is a Cinemascope 2x anamorphic lens and comes with Tecnoir lens holder for 15mm rods with full height adjustment on your 15mm rods and locking ring for prefect horizontal alignment of the anamorphic lens

it produces cool intense blue flares

Perfect for 5D / 50D Magic Lantern RAW images

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230991807160

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I've decided to sell one of my Bausch and Lomb anamorphic lenses from my personal collection.

Glass is almost mint very clear and sharp - this is one of the best I have ever used in 20 years

it is a Cinemascope 2x anamorphic lens and comes with Tecnoir lens holder for 15mm rods with full height adjustment and locking ring for prefect horizontal lens alignment

it produces cool intense blue flares

Perfect for 5D / 50D Magic Lantern RAW images

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230992458718?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

• Administrators

$4,600! - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Iscorama-anamorphic-lens-/200926249978?autorefresh=true

Went up $2000 in the last fifteen mins.

Nuts.

People need to calm down on the auctions, more money than sense. if they'd waited a week or two they could have bought one for $1600 less on a Buy It Now deal.

Let's not have these hyper inflate to the point where it's no fun any more.

• Administrators

There are some real opportunists out there, starting an auction bidding at $3k for the Iscorama 54.

I'm a bit concerned on the effect this thread is having on auction bidding.

Would it be a huge loss to the forum if I close this? Looking for opinions.

There are some real opportunists out there, starting an auction bidding at $3k for the Iscorama 54.

I'm a bit concerned on the effect this thread is having on auction bidding.

Would it be a huge loss to the forum if I close this? Looking for opinions.

It may be driving up the prices. But you have to take the good with the bad I suppose. Perhaps an anamorphics from ebay testing thread would be better.

I purchased a B & H anamorphic because of a member here who did a nice test and snapped some pictures of the setup in this thread.

I'd say close it. Most of us know how and where to search for these and know you have to check often. I think it just drives the price up because a google search will link casual searchers straight to this post.

• Administrators

I actually think this thread has its uses.

For those looking for advice on the suitability of the lenses they find on eBay, I encourage people to post pictures, model name and descriptions but not links to the eBay page.

- Discuss the lenses you find if they are unusual. That knowledge is important.

- Try not to post auctions links because it happens to be an anamorphic lens. Must be discussion worthy.

- Post a link if you have questions about the suitability of the lens for filmmaking

Let's try that and if the concerns about inflated auction prices still remain I will close it.

And please no advertising.

I agree that for information gathering this thread is good.

Everyone who is really interested in finding anamorphics on ebay can add the keyword to their feed and all the new "anamorphic" listings will be shown on the front page. At least on the .com site it works, I use it constantly for stuff that I'm interested in.

Once you have something that you are interested to buy, come here and ask away.

Please close the thread.

I'm sure it was started with the best of intentions, but it has quickly mutated to be a very negative influence.
There are plenty of resources on the forum for new members to sift through and learn what to be looking for in an auction. Digging through the forum is also the best way for people to quickly see which members to trust and listen to.

Perhaps delete this thread & we start again to make it a place for recommendations, tried & tested, the weird, & it could also be a place for people to ask questions about anamorphics they've come across (is this separation or how bad is the separation on this lens) or prices (eg. Q. Is £4k a reasonable price for an Iscorama? A. No! ) 

But don't allow, "i'm selling my anamorphic on ebay" type stuff - we all know ebay & can do our own searches etc...