Orangenz

Adobe breaks GH5 10bit import for PC - Solution Inside!

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Orangenz said:

Rewrap won't do that. What's your player?

I just import mxf and mo4 files un AE and compare. Noticeble contrast in mxf and shift to yallow

Rewrap won't do that. What's your player?

Thank you for taking the time to share this workflow.

It really makes the files workable

50 minutes ago, Rinad Amir said:

hey everyone have adobe commented on this issues? are gona get fix ?

Edit: got sick of transcoding so just rolledback to prev version €19.99 a month for what? ffs (ranting)

Yes they have commented, yes they are working on something. This thread is mostly about rewrapping, not transcoding. 

9 hours ago, tihon84 said:

I just import mxf and mo4 files un AE and compare. Noticeble contrast in mxf and shift to yallow

To keep things out of the subjective realm it would be good to take a 2 second clip of a color chart, then screen shot the various wave form monitors for the files as they appear in your editor. 

Yes they have commented, yes they are working on something. This thread is mostly about rewrapping, not transcoding. 

To keep things out of the subjective realm it would be good to take a 2 second clip of a color chart, then screen shot the various wave form monitors for the files as they appear in your editor. 

your absolutely right @Orangenz apologys , i just got so frustrated with adobe products lately  

12 hours ago, tihon84 said:

This is how I figured out it was a luminance issue.  When I tested the re-wrap, I tested on a working 8-bit file. I stacked the mp4 above the mxf file in Premier pro and when I hid the mp4 file it was obvious that 1) The frames didn't match up and 2) the contrast was different.. as if Premier pro was reading the wrong luminance level. So then I did 3 more mp4 files at different luminance settings and the limited range ones looked fine, even sometimes matching the frame perfectly. Then I tried it in 10-bit and found the 10-bit files work without having to re-wrap as long as luminance was not set to full range (0-1023).  So, I just decided to wait it out for Adobe and just shoot in limited luminance for now. They stated they are working on it, and should have it out soon

6 hours ago, JustinJohnson said:

This is how I figured out it was a luminance issue.  When I tested the re-wrap, I tested on a working 8-bit file. I stacked the mp4 above the mxf file in Premier pro and when I hid the mp4 file it was obvious that 1) The frames didn't match up and 2) the contrast was different.. as if Premier pro was reading the wrong luminance level. So then I did 3 more mp4 files at different luminance settings and the limited range ones looked fine, even sometimes matching the frame perfectly. Then I tried it in 10-bit and found the 10-bit files work without having to re-wrap as long as luminance was not set to full range (0-1023).  So, I just decided to wait it out for Adobe and just shoot in limited luminance for now. They stated they are working on it, and should have it out soon

In vlog 10bit you cant change a luminance settings, so all mxf files more contrasted

8 hours ago, tihon84 said:

In vlog 10bit you cant change a luminance settings, so all mxf files more contrasted

Yes that is correct. I don't use V-Log yet so for my test I used Natural, Cine-D, and Cine-V in both 8-bit and 10-bit. 

4 hours ago, tihon84 said:

Up. Any progress? Are we still waiting? As for me, it takes 24 hours to render 10 minutes 4k 10 bit video with light grade. After Effects

You've got something broken there that aint the codec mate.