Medium Format focal reducer has landed

The Chris

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yeah, from what I remember, the Kipon BAVEyes were no match against the Metabones Speedbooster and even R.J. Lens Turbo, ZY Optics/Zhongyi/Mitakon Lens Turbo II, with the worst soft corners and purple fringing. A little fresh up, BAV -> Bavaria, the folks at I/BE Optics in Bayern, Germany, who also brought us the Handevision brand with underperforming overpriced lenses... But you know, without competition, if you're the first, you're the best.

- lol, just saw that B&H significantly dropped prices (as in saving 1000+ bucks) on the Ibelux: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=ibelux

6 hours ago, Cinegain said:

Yeah, from what I remember, the Kipon BAVEyes were no match against the Metabones Speedbooster and even R.J. Lens Turbo, ZY Optics/Zhongyi/Mitakon Lens Turbo II, with the worst soft corners and purple fringing. A little fresh up, BAV -> Bavaria, the folks at I/BE Optics in Bayern, Germany, who also brought us the Handevision brand with underperforming overpriced lenses... But you know, without competition, if you're the first, you're the best.

- lol, just saw that B&H significantly dropped prices (as in saving 1000+ bucks) on the Ibelux: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=ibelux

Now they are reasonably priced for what they are.

51,42x34mm You would be surpirsed how good even a tiny ancient 36x36mm back looks on portraits. My favourite format is 6x7, but 51x34 is good enough to unveil some of the beauty (specially on faces). I don't know the numbers right now but cinema 65mm is smaller than photographic 645, so if you liked the look on the master or 2001 this speedbooster should give the same look.

The only problem I see is quality and vignetting (that first element looks too small).