VisionLOG for Sony A7RII

Calvin

Hey guys,

I recently moved from my Canon (EOS 5D MKII) to Sony (A7R2), and I got quite upset, that I could not use the VisionLOG profiles on my RAW files in ACR/Lightroom anymore to grade my stills in Photoshop by using LUTs. I couldn't find a alternative on Google - so I found a way to modify the original VisionLOG files to go with the SONY A7RII. I'd happy to share that with you guys:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gul128sjkqozc0/VisionLOG_A7RII.dcp?dl=0

I am very curious how many people there are who were waiting for that. I can't be the only one who grades stills via LUTs.

All the best,
Calvin

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 26.5.2016 at 6:21 AM, The Chris said:

Any chance you could share a few before and after images? I've always wondered about this.

I attached an example taken with the A7R2. OutofCam, then VisionLog, then VisionLog+M31LUT.

Visionlog_SONY_1.jpg

Visionlog_SONY_2.jpg

Visionlog_SONY_3.jpg

2 hours ago, Ak Ns said:

can it be loaded to camera? 

Never heard of loading DCP files onto cameras. I am not sure to be honest. But frankly it would make sense, to overcome the starting iso at pp7 and so on.

On May 29, 2016 at 1:54 PM, Calvin said:

I attached an example taken with the A7R2. OutofCam, then VisionLog, then VisionLog+M31LUT.

Thanks! That's pretty cool, I've been debating between VisionLog and Film Convert. I need to download the trials and check them out. I like the cinematic look with stills.

• 6 months later...

Hey guys,

Actually I lost already hope that anyone would find this useful. Anyway, someone on here approached me to do the same with the A7S II and the RX1R II, so I did - I even did one for the FUJI X100T:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5ncxuh7ubxn7xxp/AAB3UB-dQWHpZGn5zidV9OF8a?dl=0

I hope there are more out there who actually sees the potential of that.

Best,
Calvin

22 hours ago, Justin Bacle said:

Hi, can you share the method to change the dcp profile to another camera ? I'd love to make one for my X-T1

16 hours ago, Lars Steenhoff said:

please if you can fuji xt-2 ,  thanks they are awesome

Could you both please send me a raw picture out of the camera please? Then I will do that for you guys :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...