PANASONIC G7 ATOMOS NINJA ASSASSIN 4K

andy lee

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 hours ago, andy lee said:

Been busy Directing a feature film shot on Arri Alexa Plus XR and Panasonic GH5 . I don't use Sony . 

This is not me !! I'm based in the UK my production company is busy with feature films. 

Dear Andy,

welcome back!  Hope you are well.  If possible, please share your new experience and findings.

Best,

20 hours ago, andy lee said:

Been busy Directing a feature film shot on Arri Alexa Plus XR and Panasonic GH5 . I don't use Sony . 

An interesting combo there! Am guessing the GH5 is only being used for a very very small proportion of shots for specialty scenarios? Such as shooting in a tightly compact bathroom, or on a car rig, etc

• 4 months later...
On 7/6/2016 at 2:20 AM, PannySVHS said:

Shutter shock happens with the mechanical shutter within the range of 125-250 shutters. It is absent when using the electronic shutter.

GX8 and GX85 seem to be the first Lumix cameras not to exhibit this unwanted feature when in mechanical shutter mode.

I realized shutter shock on a higher shutter speed of 1/1000 when on a tripod and with a 3 second delay too. Electronic shutter fixed it. 

Came across this video, which pretty much shows an external recorder for the gx80 / g85 doesn't really do much. Maybe they crippled it more from the g7 to g85??

• 2 months later...
On 1/4/2020 at 9:29 AM, IronFilm said:

An interesting combo there! Am guessing the GH5 is only being used for a very very small proportion of shots for specialty scenarios? Such as shooting in a tightly compact bathroom, or on a car rig, etc

Not sure if Andy Lee still hangs out here or if he's too busy working but I'm wondering if anyone knows if any clips from Pandora, which I think is the film talked about earlier in this thread as having been shot on the Panasonic G7, are around and can be shown ?.

It's listed on imdb as completed and review copies sent out. So sad that the director passed away and hopefully it will be picked up and his (and Andy's) work will be seen.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5490720/

I think the film with the Arri and GH5 is Principle Deception. There is a "Cannes 2019 Teaser Trailer" on Vimeo :

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10150644/?ref_=nm_knf_t1

The colours look like Panasonic Lumix, maybe ? but that could just be me not knowing what I'm talking about 🙂

The film's director talks about it here :

https://closeupculture.com/2019/05/29/interview-jamie-lundy-talks-principle-deception-and-transitioning-into-filmmaking/