Sony has announced the global news agency Associated Press is to become an exclusive user of Sony gear, from the mirrorless cameras to professional FS series pro video range. Winner of 54 Pulitzer Prizes including 32 for photography, the organisation supplies photography and video to new organisations from over 250 locations. Until now AP journalists have used a variety of different cameras, mainly Canon and Nikon professional DSLRs to cover stories throughout the world, supplying over 1300 newspapers and broadcasters.
- Video a major factor for AP move to Sony
- AP wanted to go mirrorless
- Canon EOS R system too late in the game
- Nikon mirrorless system not professional enough
- Agency will use A9 II, with small number of A7R IV reserved for specific usage