Pilotfly H1+

wolf33d

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Is it just me or does anyone els feels like the "bouncing" feel is a dealbreaker ? 

This motion that goes up & down while you walk is kind of really weird and unnatural :/ 

I see this (bouncy movement when walking) with most if not all gimbal stabilizers, even the big ones. My understanding is that only Steadicam like systems can compensate for the up/down movements, though I've seen perfect glide movements with say Ronin as well. Sure, skill in walking/running helps, but I'm talking about doing it easily. Could folks with experience/knowledge on this issue pitch in please on what stabilizers are best for easily minimizing bounciness? This has been the biggest spoiler for me.

@Marco Tecno

Marco, 

I own it all, the NX1, the 16-50 S and the H1+ .

And it works very well together.

You have to buy the Balance Plate:

http://pilotfly.de/epages/777c6180-f31f-4700-a505-78d08d790bfc.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/777c6180-f31f-4700-a505-78d08d790bfc/Products/000029

and maybe one Batterpack, because the 1.317 gr. needs more power.

You will find on their facbook site settings for the NX1 with 16-50 S-Lens.

But be careful with the profiles-settings, first you have to save the factory-settings of your gimbal.

I just tried it with the a7Rii with IBIS turned on, looking at the footage I feel like a professional now. :)

Dear Dave, 
you tried both H1+ and Came Single: which is you experience with camera's LCD monitor? I use a GH4 and a BlackMagic Pocket, do you think is it easy to watch their LCD to frame the image when mounted on the gimbal? I ask you because I'm near to buy one and I got stuck between "pistol" gimbal and "ronin style" gimbal.
Thank you very much!

Aaron, I'm thinking to buy a 3 axis gimbal in order to add a stabilized movement to my footage, but sometimes it looks wonky also to me. Do you suggest an handheld gimbal such as a glide cam/flycam? 

I have yet to see any of the small one hand gimbals look good. For some reason it seems the smaller they are the more they wobble. I have the CAME 7000 which is really stable. The Ronin M seems very solid too.

I have yet to see any of the small one hand gimbals look good. For some reason it seems the smaller they are the more they wobble. I have the CAME 7000 which is really stable. The Ronin M seems very solid too.

Thank you! 

What about Came 7500 or Came Mini 1 (or 2, I don't understand the differences) or the Came Single?

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Came 7500 is a newer version of 7000 so I'm sure it's great. Not sure about Came Mini, but the Single looks pretty wobbly from tests I've seen.

The MDI comparison of the Came 7500 with the Moza & Ronin showed the 7500 to shake more while running, because of the center bar not being a solid piece. I really don't know much about these stabilizers other than reading some here and there and also from youtube videos, but the Moza light which could carry enough for the gh4,speedbooster,and sigma f1.8 zoom was peaking my interest most, cause it has a joystick, quick setup via remote according to MDI, the load capacity as stated above, and weighed inbetween the came and ronin, plus less shake while running than the came. The Rohnin M still doesn't have the joystick. With all of that you have to consider the bulk of the rig. That's why I'm tending to lean more with compactness of the pilotfly h1+, but the lack of encoders for improved batterylife to get over the 1.5hr limit, Something other than an external battery that looks like an internal one to extend it's use, having a single axis joystick rather than the two axis, an it's weight limit all tell me this is still too early a technology to really buy into.

For whatever reason Came TV has changed to single to use an internal battery rather than the replaceable ones now, but they say you're suppose to be able to get 20hrs out of it per charge, which makes up for that. The singles main flaws are that it doesn't fold up compactly, it weighs more, and it lacks inverted mode which I wouldn't even have realized was important without seeing some of Mr. Dugdales shots and him explaining that's how he got them. I haven't noticed too much wobbling in the one handed stabilizers by the videos, I think it's probably a lot better than I could do with a gorillapod shoulder rig. It's still an early tech though.

The MDI comparison of the Came 7500 with the Moza & Ronin showed the 7500 to shake more while running, because of the center bar not being a solid piece. I really don't know much about these stabilizers other than reading some here and there and also from youtube videos, but the Moza light which could carry enough for the gh4,speedbooster,and sigma f1.8 zoom was peaking my interest most, cause it has a joystick, quick setup via remote according to MDI, the load capacity as stated above, and weighed inbetween the came and ronin, plus less shake while running than the came. The Rohnin M still doesn't have the joystick. With all of that you have to consider the bulk of the rig. That's why I'm tending to lean more with compactness of the pilotfly h1+, but the lack of encoders for improved batterylife to get over the 1.5hr limit, Something other than an external battery that looks like an internal one to extend it's use, having a single axis joystick rather than the two axis, an it's weight limit all tell me this is still too early a technology to really buy into.

For whatever reason Came TV has changed to single to use an internal battery rather than the replaceable ones now, but they say you're suppose to be able to get 20hrs out of it per charge, which makes up for that. The singles main flaws are that it doesn't fold up compactly, it weighs more, and it lacks inverted mode which I wouldn't even have realized was important without seeing some of Mr. Dugdales shots and him explaining that's how he got them. I haven't noticed too much wobbling in the one handed stabilizers by the videos, I think it's probably a lot better than I could do with a gorillapod shoulder rig. It's still an early tech though.

That's unfortunate about the internal battery. The external battery that shipped with the 7000 was terrible. It was ruined within 2 days. I have 2 bigger batteries that I swap out now.

Thank you very much for all your kind answers!

Aaron, have you ever tried Ronin M? I ask because the price is not too far from Came Mini2... I'm really undecided... I need some sort of stabilization, but I'd like to buy some solid piece of gear that can lasts for some years :)

Thank you very much for all your kind answers!

Aaron, have you ever tried Ronin M? I ask because the price is not too far from Came Mini2... I'm really undecided... I need some sort of stabilization, but I'd like to buy some solid piece of gear that can lasts for some years :)

I have not tried it. I have heard it is very well made though.

"The Nebula 4200 hand held camera rig has a 32-bit 5-axis gimbal gryo with vertical / horizontal / pitch / roll / yaw."

So does this mean the horizontal and vertical axis are also computer controlled. It looks like a simple spring setup in the images, but perhaps not.