Samsung NX1: Firmware Update Version 1.32

Ak Ns

Is there a way to save all settings so we can restore them after a firmware update? Since NX1 resets the camera to factory default (and apparently not always a full default) I go through every option to set everything back, which is both tedious and error prone.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 1 month later...

Dedicated vídeo modes for C1 and C2 please.... ! This isnt asking much.

Compared to what I have been reading on dpreview, I agree, It's not asking much ^^

Some people would like raw + UHD 120 fps, etc... 

I think there might be some of them out there who confused the NX1 for a Red Weapon. Maybe the price tag could help them realise the difference ^^

I haven't seen a lot of "UHD 120FPS" or "raw video" requests on DPREVIEW. Most people want some realistic features like 4k crop, UHD 60fps, the possibility to resize the af square in video or raw compression for photo.
Samsung has a serious lack of lenses : not enough lenses below F1.8, not enough long lenses. They only have one lens announced, a 300mm F2.8 and its almost one year since the last lens came out. The NX system doesn't appear to be the system to buy at this time and the lack of marketing and availability doesn't help.
The NX1 is a great camera which can become better and better and this is its strength.

Firmware 1.40 is available for download now.

[v.1.40]
1. Increased continous maximum shot counts
- 15fps JPEG : 70ea > 90ea
- 15fps RAW : 20ea > 25ea

2. Added Video DIS (except 120p, VGA size video)
3. Added AEL at M mode, ISO Auto setting
4. Added Focus Peaking menu in button setting menu
5. Improved AF to work during zooming 
(6 Supporting Lens : 16-50mm S, 50-150mm S, 16-50mm PZ, 18-55mm III, 12-24mm, 50-200mm III)
* Please updated Lens together with Latest version
Lens Firmware can be updated by iLauncher

6. Add Flash Exposure info. display on Live view Live view (when Flash is ON)
7. Improved battery display to show both internal & external remains together when vertical grip is mounted
8. Improved Playback speed of photo
9. Improved sound quality of external Mic. (only for Auto MIC Control OFF)
10. Overall fixed minor bugs

Compared to what I have been reading on dpreview, I agree, It's not asking much ^^

Some people would like raw + UHD 120 fps, etc... 

I think there might be some of them out there who confused the NX1 for a Red Weapon. Maybe the price tag could help them realise the difference ^^

while raw video could even be possible for the mighty hw of the nx1, I have much lower requests that could be implemented in...less than a day, in the firmware. Perhaps they are simply too busy to read the mails of suggestion we sent.