Hey, KODAK Super 8 Camera is out there!

Emanuel

7 minutes ago, JulioD said:

Exactly.  The video split alone appeals to the renter customer who are the ones who NEED to shoot 1200 rolls and then move to the next job (as described above)

Those aren’t owner operators.  

Last year as I was getting into film photography and shooting a little less video, I did a quick inventory of my gear and seriously considered selling a lot of it and buying a Super 16 camera. It turns out I have a few digital camera that shoot raw video when I probably only need one and a ton of lenses when I probably only need a few. I love digital, but I understand and appreciate the look and feel of film.

That said, yes you're definitely right about the video split but even the crystal synch screams higher end camera. When you compare the cost between a completely refurbed Beaulieu or a Nikon R10, the cost of the Kodak, for what you're getting, isn't irrational at all. When you add the new film stock, I could see this being a very successful camera.

And with that said, I think a $3999 final cost would have been a bit better.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, JulioD said:

Read the link?

Its a Panavision custom anamorphic lens made by Dan Sasaki himself

I read the link..  it said ....   Dan Sasaki @panavisionofficial engineered anamorphic “ adapter “

If you look at the setup, there's a pretty large gap between what is the Panavision component and the body of the camera, and it is easily large enough to accommodate a decent percentage of 8mm lenses ever made, plus the flange distance for 8mm film is very small, so combining those factors, I did take it that it might actually be an anamorphic "adapter".  I know enough about anamorphic lenses to know this setup is very common and completely plausible.

Therefore, a question about the "adapter" and also about what the taking lens might be seemed warranted.

Do you have further information?  I haven't seen anything so far that convinces me it's a lens rather than an anamorphic adapter, and even if it was, my original question about what lens it is still stands?

Pointing me to a link that obviously doesn't provide any conclusive answers is not very helpful. 

If you’ve ever dealt with Panavision then you know they only do their own Anamorphic optics.  Meaning they don’t have other brands that aren’t Panavision made.  Certainly not In the US. 

https://www.panavision.com/camera-and-optics/optics#!optics=anamorphic

Dan Sasaki is the head of optics at Panavision.   He’s the guy who designs the lenses.  You can go to him and ask for a custom design.

A lot of lenses like the new Panaspeeds can also be custom tuned to your taste. I worked with someone who had a set that had purple / pink flares, worked like a superspeed above T2.8 and had a built in diffusion.  Thats not stock, that’s an optics recipe that you can ask and test for.

And when you work with Panavision you know that they also make a lot of one-off custom lenses typically to order for a customer.