Tamron Announce Z Mount Version Of The 35-150mm f2-2.8

BTM_Pix

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

No news on price but expected to be released in the Autumn.

https://www.tamron.com/global/consumer/news/detail/a058z_20230725.html

Samyang need to do this for L Mount.

L Mount is really beginning to lose some ground when it comes to glass now...

This 'Wedding Photographer Single Camera Dream Lens', Tamron's 20-40mm f2.8, their 70-180mm f2.8 which albeit 20mm shorter, is more compact/shorter, lighter and faster than any available f4.

Some of the newer Leica lenses are re-badged Sigma which may have a different coating and slightly different housing, but cost twice as much for that privilege.

The native zooms from old Pannyboy are big and heavy and the f1.8 primes whilst optically pretty decent, plasticky and boring.

Sigma Art too big and heavy but the f2/2.8 Contemporary stuff is good and my pick for primes and shorter zooms.

Nikon already has access to more of what I am looking for natively, or adapted as all the Tamron stuff will adapt.

I am sure L Mount will respond, but they need to get a fecking move on!

• Super Members
33 minutes ago, MrSMW said:

In fact, if they (Tamron) were to announce the 20-40mm f2.8 also, that would be it, done deal, I know what I'd be doing over the Winter... (trading everything for a Z9, a Z8, the 20-40 and the 35-150).

Far be it from me to encourage you to have more immediate gear angst but Megadap have just released the v3 Pro version of their E to Z adapter which promises even better compatibility with the Tamron lenses and improvements in AF generally, plus the ability to update its firmware directly from the camera.

So even if they don't immediately produce the 20-40mm f2.8 you could pick up an E mount version and attach the Megadap to it in the meantime to go with the native Z mount 35-150.

Opens up the a lot of other lens possibilities too from the E mount world, particularly the Sigma contemporary range.

My experience of the Megadap on @Andrew Reid's Z9 was that it was already near native performance so any advance on that will make it well worth checking out.

https://megadap.net/product/megadap-sony-e-to-nikon-z-autofocus-adapter-etz21pro/

• Super Members
1 minute ago, Davide DB said:

Sorry I didn't get you. Why yoou need a E mount to Z mount adapter if you already have a Z9?

To mount Sony E mount lenses on Z cameras.

Some desirable lenses (such as the Tamron 20-40mm f2.8 and the Sigma contemporary line) are not available in Z mount but are available in E mount.

4 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Far be it from me to encourage you to have more immediate gear angst but…

I am 1/2 a camera down at the moment…

One of my S5ii’s is reduced to manual focus only due to a shutter button issue.

I could send it off now, but mid season, no chance because it could be weeks, it could be months and rental (replacement), ha, fat chance and if even a week/10 days, purchase/resale would make more sense.

So then would not a used… OMG, rabbit hole entered 🤪

Competition for sure.

Although the 35-150 is the most perfect (that exists) ‘one & done’ lens for me, in many ways, the combo of 28-75 plus 70-180 has as much, if not more appeal.

The 35-150 is faster at the wide end for low light stuff, but low light for me is mostly indoor and for indoor, the 28-75 works better for me, 90%+ of the time.

For outdoor, most of the time, 35-150 works better…except for those times when I want longer and since getting my 70-200 (haven’t had one for over a decade), I realise what an important part of my armory 150-200 is and 180 beats 150.

And just as I had decided the Z9 was the ultimate hybrid for my needs, I then decided actually the Canon R3 is…but has none of these lenses 🤪

But then neither does L Mount except the Sigma 28-70…

Bodies and lenses never seem to match up with me!