Color - But Specifically, Fuji

SRV1981

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

An XE4+XS10 would still run you more than an XT5 which Fuji has shrunk the size to a fairly compact form factor, and offers better specs. You could just get that and pancake lens for travel, and use bigger lenses for other situations like video work. An XT4 could also work if you wanna save some bucks and you're ok with a slightly bigger body. 

My dream Fuji combo would be XH2S+X100V. But I probably won't be going that route being tied to other systems.

2 minutes ago, Django said:

An XE4+XS10 would still run you more than an XT5 which Fuji has shrunk the size to a fairly compact form factor, and offers better specs. You could just get that and pancake lens for travel, and use bigger lenses for other situations like video work. An XT4 could also work if you wanna save some bucks and you're ok with a slightly bigger body. 

My dream Fuji combo would be XH2S+X100V. But I probably won't be going that route being tied to other systems.

I'll look into the xt5 - i figured it was hamstrung for video and larger than an xs10?

22 minutes ago, SRV1981 said:

I'll look into the xt5 - i figured it was hamstrung for video and larger than an xs10?

Its a little crippled compared to XH2/XH2S... but its leap and beyond an XT3/XT4/XS1O etc.

XS10 is a good choice for most compact affordable Fuji but with that comes mediocre battery life and probably so so AF.

Always a trade-off somewhere!

42 minutes ago, Django said:

Its a little crippled compared to XH2/XH2S... but its leap and beyond an XT3/XT4/XS1O etc.

XS10 is a good choice for most compact affordable Fuji but with that comes mediocre battery life and probably so so AF.

Always a trade-off somewhere!

well said! i'm seeing the biggest, so far in my research, is the overheating in xt5 😞 the R5 cursed us all! 

On 5/2/2023 at 9:29 AM, ac6000cw said:

restored' old movies they see today are what they really looked like to the average cinema customer 'back in the day' 

Maybe at a movie's premiere!?  

I grew up in no-where's-ville-midwest-USA.  I watched a ton of movies as a kid, but almost exclusively at the second-run and drive-in screenings.  We also had a regional movie house that did 1$ matinees.  Ain't nothing that screened there that didn't look abused.

Ironically, I don't think I actually saw a pristine print of a film 'til I saw "Hateful Eight".

Also, I just watched "After Hours" again.  It's on HBOMax.  First time in almost 40 years.  THAT'S what a lot of movies really looked like.  Now add a ton of scratches and bad projection onto it and you'd get the idea.

Cobalt Image do Fuji film sim profiles for Lightroom and Capture One, so no good for video. But it means you can get a very good version of your favorite film simulations on any camera, and some phones.

They just redid the Fuji pack yesterday. They previously had 2 Fuji packs, so now I have 3 versions of each film simulation. They are good at what they do so I assume I will just use the recent version most of the time.

I sent them a raw file from my phone and it sounds like they are going to create a base pack for that model, so you can do that if your camera or phone isn't in their list.

You pay for the camera model base pack (around $50). Then you pay for the profile pack (a similar amount). It means I am free to use bodies better suited to me than Fuji. It will be cool if and when they release a base pack for my phone too. 

I have never wanted to use Fuji colors for video, but someone probably makes presets or LUTs. Cobalt Image profiles are completely different from the Lightroom presets you can buy, which are never accurate.