Sony lack of firmware updates is getting completely ridiculous!

Amazeballs

15 hours ago, PPNS said:

I’ve actually used both cameras, and how would you exactly define the fx3 to be a better video tool? I think both are completely miserable to use for video, especially compared to the fx6, which i do really like. I guess the fx3 has a slightly less dogshit menu system, but you cant really handhold it like an a7s (and you could use the evf as a third point of contact there).

The screens are more or less pointless to judge anything on there, so you need an external monitor (sadly also the case for the fx6, but it’s more bearable). Since they’re both FF they both need big ass lenses which makes the ergonomics extra awkward. You could rig both of them up, but that often makes them worse or more annoying to use, but I guess this will always be a problem with smaller cameras. They are fine on a tripod, and have to potential to get really good results, if there’s somebody next to you who knows the menu system through and through.

Sure, I’d rather the use the FX6 over the FX3 but as a B Cam I much prefer the FX3 and FX30 to the A7 line. They are made for video, have internal fans, much easier to navigate video focused menus and a proper top handle with XLR inputs that actually screws into the body so no cage required if you don’t need it. I like the rear tally light of the FX series and the time code support as well as the ease of witch you can easily record four channels of audio. Lots of little things that make the user experience far better for video. 

• 3 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 5/2/2023 at 10:02 AM, Amazeballs said:

Got an interesting update. If its true, than it confirms our worst suspicions. Sony is refusing to update A7S3 and A1 cos they dont want to cannibalize their line-up. 

Thats disgusting 🤮 after spending big chunk of change on Sony glasses we getting fk you finger from them 😒