Nikon D750 - rumored 4K camera

wolf33d

Yes !! 

Good news for us, Nikon is moving into the movie world. 

After pushing video marketing with the D810, they finally released a camera video oriented. 

Possibly 4K ... ! 

Tilting LCD

Full Frame

2500 USD

If all of this is true, it can be the perfect camera for someone like me using a 5DIII who wants one camera for both video and FF stills. 

Advantage over the 5DIII would be: way better sensor for stills (DR), and 4K. 

http://nikonrumors.com/2014/09/06/what-to-expect-from-nikon-for-photokina.aspx/#more-79972

This is good as it will force Canon to put 4K in the 5D4K ;). 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Guest fe4a3f5e8381673ce80017d29a8375f1

Hmmm. Looks to me like the main thing that's going to be video orientated about this camera is the marketing by Nikon. Adding 4K doesn't really add up to entering the movie world. It just means keeping up with the current market direction.

What we want from Nikon is a C100 competitor priced at about $2000, ideally with ProRes or RAW.

Well this sensor will have to be something special, because no current method they are using will give them anything near 4K. If they go with the d5200.etc method it will only reach 3000pixels wide, it would need to read out the whole 24mp sensor and downsample that data from 6000 pixels to 3840 pixels, that would be the best picture you can actually get, totally noise free at low isos.

I really want that, but I doubt it. Maybe it gives 4K in DX mode... 

4K is not even mentioned in the rumors...

Well, you might open your eyes before commenting ;) 

"There will be a big marketing push to show the video recording capabilities of the new D750 (this already started with the D810) - I've heard also about 4k video recording, but I am not sure"

araucaria: yep probably it will be in DX mode.

And sorry, but looking at the very decent 1080p quality of the D5300, if Nikon can give us the same in 1080p in full frame it would be cool, plus a 4K mode moire free. 

What I like is the XQD card, if it is the case it means they need fast data so why not a really high bitrate, or high fps mode ... 

Let's see :)

"There will be a big marketing push to show the video recording capabilities of the new D750 (this already started with the D810) - I've heard also about 4k video recording, but I am not sure

Read more on NikonRumors.com: http://nikonrumors.com/2014/09/06/what-to-expect-from-nikon-for-photokina.aspx/#ixzz3CYrusNvh"

If this thing really has 4K, silent shutter and peaking (last two things are coming out of my wishful thinking). I will dump my D800 for it 100%, even if I have to loose some pixels.

Well, you might open your eyes before commenting ;)

"There will be a big marketing push to show the video recording capabilities of the new D750 (this already started with the D810) - I've heard also about 4k video recording, but I am not sure"

Read it twice... but overlooked it. My bad!

Still, I'm not convinced Nikon will pull it off. It would make sense anno 2014, but I'll be very surprised if the D750 has 4K.

The only two things that seem "certain" (99%) on that page are 24.3 MP FF sensor and tilting LCD.     Everything else is a definite maybe.

It would be nice if it does have 4k ETC but that part (I'm not sure) must put some doubt in it.

Not too long to wait and see just what it will have.

• Administrators

24.3MP is the exact same megapixel count as the sensor in the D610, which can't do 4K video and does video with terrible line-skipping so I don't hold out much hope. It's rare for an updated sensor to have the same megapixel count right down to the decimal point.

Also same sensor as Sony A99, RX1, etc.

Essentially I am expecting the D750 to be a D610 with a price bump and some extra marketing bullshit applied.

Essentially I am expecting the D750 to be a D610 with a price bump and some extra marketing bullshit applied.

Beter body, better AF, fraster framerates. Thats not marketing bullshit, but very welcomed by photographers. I agree that it probably won't be appealing for the video crowd, but that doesn't mean it's just 'bullshit'. I think this actually will be a nice balanced camera (speed - resolution) for photography. It should do 8 fps though (even if only with a grip), if it sticks to 6.5 fps like the D610 that'd be a shame.

The Df, that is a D610 with extra marketing bullshit applied.