Ignore this and use the other topic **a7R V Announced**

BTM_Pix

2 hours ago, Django said:

I just discovered this "van life" scene the other day looking for FX30 videos. I was kind of shocked this one "influencer" got a whole Sony pelican case of gear yet at the time of release, she only had 25 subscribers ?! What's at play here, Sony marketing trend speculating?

HOW TO VLOG - with the new Sony FX30 Cinema Camera!

In all seriousness (or more than my last post at least), the formula for YT success is to make videos that can be found through organic searching (as this exposes you to new viewers) but also keep the content suitable to retain your audience (as this builds the channel over time).

A video where you get a new camera and put that in the title is just as good as a van tour video where you put that in the title, or go to a new place and put that in the title, or whatever.  These things are good for both organic views as well as your existing subscriber base.

If I was just starting out on YT an FX30 wouldn't be a bad choice I don't think.  These days all cameras are good enough, and Sony is popular enough that if you have problems then half the people in your YT circle can help you out because they're using Sony too.  It's one of the reasons that ARRI are the Hollywood standard, everyone knows the system and are setup for it, as well as the image and products being spectacular of course.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Just in order to help out here and not pollute another thread, my fave cameras right (that exist) now are:

Olympus OM-1

Fuji XH2/XH2S

Nikon Z9

Hasselblad R2D2 (or whatever it’s called, the latest one anyway)

And a ‘would love to and in some ways do but it’s so fucking flawed for my real world needs’ goes to the Sigma FP.

Sony can go and do one. If there was no other option then sure, but to me they are just the most boring and uninspiring of tools.

20 hours ago, Django said:

I just discovered this "van life" scene the other day looking for FX30 videos. I was kind of shocked this one "influencer" got a whole Sony pelican case of gear yet at the time of release, she only had 25 subscribers ?! What's at play here, Sony marketing trend speculating?

HOW TO VLOG - with the new Sony FX30 Cinema Camera!

For someone who has been vlogging for a whole year, that is a surprisingly small amount. 

As for why she has a FX30? I dunno, maybe she has good real life contacts? Often that is more important than how many subs you have.