Are you waiting for the A7s and why?

yiomo

This won't work because it creates shadows. If you want to use something like this on a A7 I don't see the reason to use anything nikon related. Just use the mirex adapter from mamiya 645 to Canon EF. You can adapt all MF glass to mamiya 645, and EF to E adapters are cheap.

It's definitely useful to know that there are adapters that convert most medium format mounts to Mamiya 645.

However, what do you mean by "creates shadows?"  What causes such shadows?

Another advantage of having the tilt mechanism closer to the film plane is that one might be able to utilize more of the image circle, which possibly enables the lens to be pushed past the extremes possible with a more distant, medium format tilt/shift adapter (eventually causing the aformentioned shadows).

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Looks great, the A7's are like cheap Digital Backs. The only thing that sucks is that it's only 11bit (product shots...). I wonder how the microlenses behave with extreme shifts (I was told that it makes stiching impossible)

It is indeed anooying they hindered the camera by making it specially good at using short back focus glass.  Since medium format ffd's are usually more than 60-70mm the angle the rays are hitting the sensor are far from ideal.  However i think if its the difference between the iq250 (£20k) or the A7R (£1.5K) I don't see any comparison unless I was shooting product work for Ferrari or similar.  I'm pretty certain my A7R and the X-Act2 (+ Schneider lenses) will murder 90% of what the typical guy who offers product photography under their umbrella photography service is using.  

Where that technical camera comes into its own is for shots that take a long time to adjust back and fourth - its really nice to be able to work with a big lump of machinery with a lens on one end and a little a7r on the other

Is there somewhere I can read up on the basics of what you're doing, richg101 (BTW, love your Flickr photos!).  I figure it's similar to video DOF adapters (which I once tried to build my own).  

Here are some of the house photos I've been taking

http://www.flickr.com/photos/maxotics/sets/72157644520993434/

I generally like to use my Sigma dp1m.  Was using d600 for some before selling it.  As you can see, I do some perspective work in PS.  

My first question is how much more improved, if any, taking shots with a tilt-shift setup would be?  If good, should I go with a TS lens, or the contraption you're talking about (if that is indeed a good way to go).  

As soon as I get my a7 I can get back on topic :)  I'd love a thread on this, seems there is applications in video too.