Sharp Cinema Lens with Nikon Mount

iveom

Hey!

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good film-look lens with Nikon mount which doesn't cost a thousand dollars?

I'm not quite happy with my lenses so far concerning the sharpness and look, as most of them are photographic lenses.

Zoom wouldn't be bad, but doesn't have to be. Also of course it should be somewhat fast.

Perhaps anyone has a advice or a secret tip?

Shall be used on BMPCC with BMPCC-Nikon Speedbooster.

50mm f1.2 will be soft wide open , I have the Porst 50mm f1.2 and it is also soft wide open , its just a fact of physics - once you get an apperture over f1.4 softness and blooming are ususally present unless you start spending silly money .

Canon make a very sharp 50mm f1.4 , so do Carl Zeiss the Plannar , superb lens

I dont use lenses over f1.4 ever as they all tend to be soft / have chromatic abrasion issues and blooming and are not really usable!!

stop down your Nikon 50mm below f2 it will sharpen up alot

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By mistvan
      Hi everyone.

I just found 3 lenses in the attic. I attache a picture of them. For 1. and 2. i have some ideas, but i have no idea what 3. could be.

im using Canon EF, so my questions would be:

Can someone guide me / give me a hint / link about:

1. what are this guys (ok, i have idea about 1. and 2., but 3 - no idea.
      2. what type of mount do they use?
      3. what adaptor should i look for to mount them on Canon EF?

thanks for your kind answers :)[attachment=38764]l.jpg[/attachment]

• By petertom
      ZEISS TODD-AO Zoom 50-150mm T3.2 Anamorphic x1.25 Large Format Vista Red Monstro On Ebay
      Price: S $3,000.00
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/ZEISS-TODD-AO-Zoom-50-150mm-T3-2-Anamorphic-x1-25-Large-Format-Vista-Red-Monstro/153990922811?

• By petertom
      Angenieux 90mm f/1.8 Type P1 Lens in M42 Mount On Ebay
      Price: $3,999.00
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Angenieux-90mm-f-1-8-Type-P1-Lens-in-M42-Mount/164209794536?

• By Dave Reeve
      What are the best smartphone lenses out there and are there any decent optics tests online? I know brands like Moment lead the way (perhaps with their marketing) but are there better options for an iPhone 11? Looking for quality over price although of course when it comes down to it price will be a concern. Thanks.
    • By mnewxcv
      looking to sell my nx 16-50s lens. Good condition overall, link at the bottom with pics and description in my ebay listing. Will see to an EOS member with good feedback for $600 shipped via paypal OBO, USA shipping.

pics can be seen on my ebay listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174229807044