Blackmagic 6K / EOSHD conspiracy debunked

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

Some Blackmagic shills keep floating ridiculous conspiracy theories on here about my experience with the Pocket 6K, and even that I never used the camera!

Time to put some facts straight then...

It came damaged brand new from the cellophane. Here's proof:

Shiny and sealed, ZERO damage to the pristine box or any signs of "rough courier handling":

Here is the scratch mark on my sensor

Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 14.06.13 copy.jpg

And here is me having to urgently clean the brand new sensor before setting off to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza:

And finally here is me returning the actual Pocket 6K to Blackmagic at IBC in order to talk about the issues I had...

And there is apparently an audio recording and further material from this encounter.

Who wants to hear it?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

No experience with BM, but had a sealed Viltrox adapter that had plenty of fingerprints on both sides of the glass and scratches on the mount.
Maybe BM uses the same firm as Viltrox to have things assembled and do 'quality control'.

Better to not use Q-tips to clean as they can make even more scratches.

When it comes to them I've had better luck with their other equipment than I have with the cameras I've used / owned. It's why I have been hesitant to buy another camera since having issues with multiple OG Pockets. I've had two people I know of that had their HDMI ports die on the Pocket 4K and saw a YouTuber just recently post a rig build who mentioned their HDMI port also died. 

I'm still unable to get the latest version of Resolve to run as well as the last version, particularly in multicam. I went from being able to do multicam cuts with 4K footage to not being able to do it with even 1080p footage without massive amounts of dropped frames. 

I'm glad they exist because they're pushing the industry forward, and when things work right they are lovely, but yeah, there are considerable issues.