P6K to ARRI Alexa - Resolve PowerGrade

Juan Melara

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 3/4/2020 at 2:52 AM, Juan Melara said:

Here you go: 

Visit the Vimeo link to download a full res 3840x1080 Prores 422HQ file.

I have BMP6k footage we shot with two ND's stacked that caused really bad IR pollution and blue channel issues.  Do you have any idea how to correct ?

14 hours ago, Super8 said:

I have BMP6k footage we shot with two ND's stacked that caused really bad IR pollution and blue channel issues.  Do you have any idea how to correct ?

It could be pretty difficult to correct.

I would start by shooting an outside scene with and without those filters. Use shutter speed to compensate for the lack of ND on the unfiltered shot. Take both into Resolve and use temp and tint to get as close as possible to the unfiltered version. Then use the RGB curves to correct any non linear differences. And depending on how bad it is you might need to use hue v hue, or even qualify and correct specific colours.

11 hours ago, Juan Melara said:

It could be pretty difficult to correct.

I would start by shooting an outside scene with and without those filters. Use shutter speed to compensate for the lack of ND on the unfiltered shot. Take both into Resolve and use temp and tint to get as close as possible to the unfiltered version. Then use the RGB curves to correct any non linear differences. And depending on how bad it is you might need to use hue v hue, or even qualify and correct specific colours.

It's bad. Our talents navy blue shirt is magenta.

On 3/17/2020 at 5:26 AM, Super8 said:

It's bad. Our talents navy blue shirt is magenta.

That's going to be tough if not impossible to correct completely.

If it's a short video I would look at qualifying and using shapes to isolate and correct as much as possible. If it's long, I would probably see how far the first methods I suggested could get you. Followed by making it B&W. And if that isn't acceptable I would look at reshooting.

• 2 weeks later...