Filmconvert Nitrate. Is it really better than the older version?

Kisaha

I noticed that some here already use the Nitrate, but I didn't have the time to look that up until now.

I have the simple version and I am not sure what more does it offer that it isn't already there.

I would appreciate any experience you have with this all new version.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, Kisaha said:

I noticed that some here already use the Nitrate, but I didn't have the time to look that up until now.

I have the simple version and I am not sure what more does it offer that it isn't already there.

I would appreciate any experience you have with this all new version.

It has a cleaner interface and runs faster due to GPU acceleration. I would greatly recommend it over the older version. I don't use it all the time, but its great when I'm trying to bring up underexposed footage.  

1 hour ago, Geoff CB said:

It has a cleaner interface and runs faster due to GPU acceleration. I would greatly recommend it over the older version. I don't use it all the time, but its great when I'm trying to bring up underexposed footage.  

What special does it do to help bring up underexposed footage?

1 hour ago, Geoff CB said:

If GPU acceleration is true that is a big thing, because I just got an 2070 Super (paired with the 3900X) a little while ago. I didn't see it anywhere at their site though.

I got the update anyway.

Cheers!

4 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

What special does it do to help bring up underexposed footage?

I find the exposure slider a good way of bringing up underexposed footage and maintaining a balanced image. I can get a better result grading by hand over a longer period, but speed counts.

exposed_1.174.2.jpg

underexposure_1.174.3.jpg