Help me record a rap

kaylee

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
13 hours ago, hansel said:

No idea how deep you want to get in the game? But I would consider to at least stick with one discipline. If you will try to master rap, beatmaking, producing, Puhhh. See you at the other end, unless you want to spend the next 5 years in the closet. 

I would suggest keep it simple.

get beats from the internet, contact people ask them for beats. Once you have recorded over it. Get someone to master the stuff. And/or keep it fun trashy and simpler give it some "live recoding"  feel and fuck HiFi

for sure, im gonna use a beat thats already made – the one id LIKE to use isnt tracked out tho, so im learning about how to put the vocal ~in~ the mix, u kno?

8 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

All you have to do is rent some expensive ass car, and find some big Assed Hoe's, wear a bunch of gold shit, and you are in business. All sounds the same, so the sound and lyrics part doesn't really matter. People are only looking at the Car and the Hoe's anyways. ?

right?!! but i cant afford the jewelry or car rentals at the moment, so im not making a video, just a song. when i do blow up and get to make a sicc video the headline on drudge will read: AMATEUR RAPPER MAULED BY RENTED TIGER IN VIDEO SHOOT

22 minutes ago, kaylee said:

right?!! but i cant afford the jewelry or car rentals at the moment, so im not making a video, just a song. when i do blow up and get to make a sicc video the headline on drudge will read: AMATEUR RAPPER MAULED BY RENTED TIGER IN VIDEO SHOOT

Well probably a better way to die than a drive by shooting like how most of them seem to bite the dust. But that does help out the newcomers though. More room. ?

I know someone that could do a drive by during your music video, to give it that arc you might want. He could just use blanks so it would be safe.

Edit: I talked to him again and he said he couldn't load up with blanks, just in case he had to actually light someone up driving to or from the location. 

1 hour ago, kaylee said:

uhm... what? i have an ipad pro. thats all u need ?

seriously tho, im taking the rebel without a crew approach on this one: im not buying ANYTHING

im distorting the vocal, like its a phone call ?

a collect call, cuz im down and out

Try recording in lots of different locations and see how it sounds..  cupboards, bathroom, toilet, outside (if it's quiet), in the roof, in the basement, sitting, standing, lying down, facing up, facing down, mic close to your mouth or far away, mic in front of your mouth, above your mouth, below your mouth, to the side, behind your head, it will all sound different.  

I read an article by a studio recording engineer who said he liked to imagine a big flame coming out of a singers mouth, and it was his job to put the microphone in the right place within that flame to get the best result.  He said that the difference between something sounding disappointing and glorious might be a few inches of moving the microphone around :)