Best lavelier for zoom h6

zerocool22

Hello,

I am looking for a lavelier to record into my zoom h6(wired). Xlr would be a plus. As I could plug it in directly in my ump, but zoom is ok. As decent wireless starts with the sennheiser g3s but thats a bit overbudget atm.

I am planning on buying one used. So far have been looking for tram tr50, sanken cos 11, countryman b6 and sennheiser mke2 (not looking for a rode mic). Any other suggestions that could speed up my search :)

thanks.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Thanks, the tram and mke2 used seem to be very old. Not sure when they started producing these. Is there a difference? Like different models over the years? As I want one in good condition and I figure the latest ones would be used less then one that is already used on a daily basis over the last 10 years.

3 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

Hello,

I am looking for a lavelier to record into my zoom h6(wired). Xlr would be a plus. As I could plug it in directly in my ump, but zoom is ok. As decent wireless starts with the sennheiser g3s but thats a bit overbudget atm.

I am planning on buying one used. So far have been looking for tram tr50, sanken cos 11, countryman b6 and sennheiser mke2 (not looking for a rode mic). Any other suggestions that could speed up my search :)

thanks.

Sennheiser G system is a wireless system, they are entry level and usually come with entry level Senn lav mics which are a lot of tiers worst than the other ones you mentioned.

On a wireless system you can plug whatever lav mic you want and I would definitely go with the Sanken ones (personal preference of course) if I could afford them right now.

One good and cheap-er solution is the 

http://www.oscarsoundtech.com

I am considering them to replace my entry level Sony lavs that came with my Sony wireless system.

You can drop them an email if you'd like, they are superfriendly but it is a small company, so allow a few days for reply.

4 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

You've covered a good chunk of the popular options already. 

OST Lavs like Kisaha said is another, also keep out the Countryman B3 as well.  Voice Technology is another brand too to take a look at.

12 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

You've covered a good chunk of the popular options already. 

OST Lavs like Kisaha said is another, also keep out the Countryman B3 as well.  Voice Technology is another brand too to take a look at.

You own some OscarS if I am right. What is your impression of them, what did they cost?

2 hours ago, IronFilm said:

I'm happy with them, except I wish they'd used a more flexible cable. 
They're $75 unterminated, then another $19 for the Sony end

That is super cheap! The Sanken are around 500-600euros here, and the entry level ones - any good brand - have at least a 3 digit starting price.

Are they prone to handling/clothing noise? do you use Tram accessories for them?

Cheers.

17 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Are they prone to handling/clothing noise?

A little. Is why I wished they had a more flexible cord. 
On the upside, it means they're more durable! And will surely last long?
Guess it is a compromise trade off. 

17 hours ago, Kisaha said:

do you use Tram accessories for them?

They're compatible.