Tips for achieving this style if cinematography

Charlie

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 6/26/2018 at 3:55 PM, Charlie said:

We absolutely love the video! THANK YOU SO MUCH! It was so wonderful having you there to capture everything. THANK YOU SO MUCH! It really does capture the happiness of the day and everyone's crazy personalities! WOWOWOW!

You got to love it.  The modern world.  You can you get it right IRL, but get chastised for failure by random internet strangers.

4 hours ago, nigelbb said:

looks like movement just for the sake of movement ...  is wrong for a wedding

2 hours ago, fuzzynormal said:

You got to love it.  The modern world.  You can you get it right IRL, but get chastised for failure by random internet strangers.

Indeed...but I always take on board (constructive) criticism and appreciate everyone has different tastes. I took a risk on this wedding, which the couple were fully aware of and they are very happy with the result. That is all that matters to me. 

This forum is generally better than most in that the vast majority of people here make good points and appear to enjoy helping others.

For those that make childish/insulting comments, it's water off a ducks back to me. It says more about you than me.

• 1 month later...

Was so inpired by that MaxMara piece, that decide to shoot my first wedding in this style.

It was shoot with Fuji X-T20 and 18-55mm F2.8-4 with Tiffen HDFX 1 on it. For some stupid reason i shoot at 4k, so that's a lot of rolling shutter. More then that I turned off the stabilisation on lens... Yeah, im not good cinematographer.
Any way, client like this thing and i like it too!
But next time no 4k and Stab -> On.

PS pass is maxmara

• 2 months later...

A couple of months ago I shot this little test video to trial if I could give up IS and use the Canon 700D and 18-35 f1.8 as my main setup.  I was also inspired by this thread, thus the choice of music.

Thoughts and comments are welcome, but remember it was shot and edited in a day or two, so if you want to be critical then be sure to post your own work to show me how it's meant to be done ???