BlackMagic Pocket 4k - Final Specs - Thoughts

DBounce

So recently I had a chance to watch some footage that someone had captured at NAB from one of the prototype P4k cameras. BlackMagic would not allow us to insert a memory card into the camera. I was just about to do so, when I heard them warning another show attendee against doing so.

After seeing the footage I understand why. It seems to be captured at a low frame rate. Almost like it's in a stills mode. We know the GH5S can capture raw stills at 12fps and 14 bit. So perhaps BMD was using a 12 bit stills mode to capture the video that we saw?

All of this makes me wonder if or how the final specs will change. Do you think BlackMagic will deliver this camera as promised, or do you think something will be dropped? If so what?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Those are not prototypes, they are fully functional pre-production samples.

The ProRes clips I've seen are UHD 24fps, fully working with natural motion. Maybe the materials you've seen had a different setting, or the card speed too low with dropped frames.